2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #11  
Jim pointed out that the dealer had put the wrong joystick on my new TC40DA when I posted pictures of my just delivered tractor.

Barry,may I ask if your tractor was ordered from the factory with the loader or was the loader installed by the dealer?

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #12  
   / 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #13  
I am having the same issue. 2006 TC40A 500hrs. Not starting. I noticed that when it would start, i'd hear an audible click after I turned the key on. The times it wouldnt start, no audible click. Tested the wire going to the fuel cutoff solenoid and it has no power. fuel cutoff solenoid tests fine. Where does that 1 wire go? Which fuse controls it? Why would this problem be intermittnant a couple of days ago, now I can't get the tractor to start at all.
(Note: I removed the plastic below the steering wheel to figure out where that wire went and a rat/mouse nest was in there, it appeared to be old. I can't find any chewed wires etc.)
Lance
BuckingBullPro.com

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #14  
Lance, pull the connector off the seat switch and put a jumper across it. Then, try to start again. I'll bet you are happily surprised. Your problem sounds just like a faulty seat switch or seat switch wiring to me.

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #15  
So, I know this is a really old post, but since it solved my issue I felt I owed it to the community to say that Jinman (wherever he is) is still solving issues for those of us not fortunate enough to have all his knowledge. I rarely flip the seat up on my tractor, but it was bloody hot and I'd already burned my butt a couple of times on it so I flipped it up when I got off the tractor. Flip the seat down, cranks but does not start. I was ready to order an injector pump thinking it had broken somehow as I could not think of another way for the tractor to run fine and then not run at all. The seat switch....

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #16  
Most of the time with that vintage equipment it's almost always the safety crap. Seat switch, neutral safety switch,etc. 🍻

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #17  
My daughter inlaw, who is anti-mechanically inclined even knows the 04-tc40 starting routine. Bang on the starter, rattle the shift lever, push sideways on the key and wiggle in the seat.

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #18  
My daughter inlaw, who is anti-mechanically inclined even knows the 04-tc40 starting routine. Bang on the starter, rattle the shift lever, push sideways on the key and wiggle in the seat.
Oh my:)

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #19  
Mine is a few years older than the OPs yet the typical issue to not starting is my father not leaving it in neutral. No starter banging, no shift lever banging or seat wiggling. Maybe something is wrong with your machine?

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #20  
Mine is a few years older than the OPs yet the typical issue to not starting is my father not leaving it in neutral. No starter banging, no shift lever banging or seat wiggling. Maybe something is wrong with your machine?
Correct and leaving the PTO engaged will cause a no start too.