2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #1  

load67

Tractor
new holland tc 40 a
TC 40 A will turnover but not start. I checked all the saftey switches, injecter pump seems to be working. Put some fuel in the intake and it diesals but won't catch. I thought I smelled something burning a month or so ago after the glow plug light went out but couldn't find anything, reset the key and it starte. Smelled some thing burning the other day when it took a crap and still could not find a hot spot and would not start after resetting the key. HELP

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #2  
Check your fuel cutoff solenoid on the back side of your injector pump. You should see that it has one wire to a spade connector. You can remove the spade connector and then the solenoid just screws out. Use an ohmeter to check the resistance from the spade to the case. It should be 12 ohms. I had one burn up and had to replace it. Symptoms are as you describe, odor...not starting...etc.

Attachments

• 82199d1185667558-fuse-2-frustration-class-iii-solenoid-install.jpg
    82199d1185667558-fuse-2-frustration-class-iii-solenoid-install.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 82200d1185667564-fuse-2-frustration-class-iii-solenoid-close.jpg
    82200d1185667564-fuse-2-frustration-class-iii-solenoid-close.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 551
   / 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start
thanks bud I'll give it a try in the morning and let you know.

Pulled off fuel cutoff soleniod and it was burnt with some delamination where the spade connects . It ohm's checked at 5.5. I'll order the part in the morning and let you know how it turns out. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP!

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #5  
jinman - You constantly amaze me with the info you provide on these tractors. I have a bunch of your posts bookmarked for future reference. Thanks! :thumbsup:

New fuel cut off $109.00 and it was in stock at the local dealer. Runs like a champ. The guy said that was the first one he has ever sold for a boomer. Thanks again, you saved me a lot of heart ache and hair pulling. YOU DA MAN

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #7  
It doesn't happen often, but the burning smell and engine dying was the same as my tractor when it happened. Here's a photo of my new one and the old burned one side-by-side.

Attachments

• Solenoid-3.jpg
    Solenoid-3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 451
   / 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #8  
Thanks again, you saved me a lot of heart ache and hair pulling. YOU DA MAN
I can't tell you how many folks here have made this same statement. Jim pointed out that the dealer had put the wrong joystick on my new TC40DA when I posted pictures of my just delivered tractor. He has solved a half dozen other problems for me and I don't know how many issues he has helped folks with over the years. I don't think you will find a better Boomer expert anywhere, including at NH.

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #9  
Thanks Barry!:D I just hope I deserve the confidence you and others have in me. One way or another, we all share our expertise and help each other here. That's why it is such a great site.:thumbsup:

/ 2005 TC40 A will turnover but not start #10  
Thanks Barry!:D I just hope I deserve the confidence you and others have in me. One way or another, we all share our expertise and help each other here. That's why it is such a great site.:thumbsup:

Ditto Jim!:thumbsup:

JC,