1974 MF150 Diesel Won't Start Without Jump Starter

/ 1974 MF150 Diesel Won't Start Without Jump Starter #1  
Tractor
1968 Farmall 140, 1948 Ford 8N, 1974 MF150, Case 31 Hoe
Fellers. I bought a '74 MF150 about this time last year. 1249 hours. Had the fuel injector pump rebuilt mid-summer, and I rebuilt the starter and installed new key switch early fall. Started using it mid-Winter but the only way I can get it to start is by jumping the battery. Turn the key and nothing. Not even a click. I've tried removing cables after running for a while, thinking something might be grounded and pulling power. No change. The battery is a NAPA Legend July 2022. Reckon the battery's gone bad that quick? Any help will be appreciated.

/ 1974 MF150 Diesel Won't Start Without Jump Starter #2  
gonna need a volt meter for any kind of of accurate help. my feeling is the tires are low on pressure /s

/ 1974 MF150 Diesel Won't Start Without Jump Starter #3  
In cases like this details matter. I wonder just how are you jumping this thing that works for you? Simply clamping jumper cables onto the existing battery posts with original cable ends still installed? In effect the power from the jumper source is still traveling through the tractor's battery cables? (which in turn don't carry anything without the jumpers hooked up) It still starts with the key switch when the jumpers are hooked up, or are you making it happen at the starter?

/ 1974 MF150 Diesel Won't Start Without Jump Starter #4  
+ one on posts #1 & #2. You need to methodically report what you try and change/results of each.

/ 1974 MF150 Diesel Won't Start Without Jump Starter #5  
I rebuilt the starter
did it ever start correctly after this? or did you have to start jumping at that point?

/ 1974 MF150 Diesel Won't Start Without Jump Starter
gonna need a volt meter for any kind of of accurate help. my feeling is the tires are low on pressure /s
Ok. I have volt meters. How does low tire pressure figure in? Thanks.

/ 1974 MF150 Diesel Won't Start Without Jump Starter
In cases like this details matter. I wonder just how are you jumping this thing that works for you? Simply clamping jumper cables onto the existing battery posts with original cable ends still installed? In effect the power from the jumper source is still traveling through the tractor's battery cables? (which in turn don't carry anything without the jumpers hooked up) It still starts with the key switch when the jumpers are hooked up, or are you making it happen at the starter?
Not bridging over at starter solenoid. Attaching portable battery jumper to hot post and frame. Will start, with key, everytime with jump starter attached. Thanks. Again, nothing at the key switch (without jumper attached), not even a click (which would suggest low charge on battery, dead battery, or bad wiring connections).

/ 1974 MF150 Diesel Won't Start Without Jump Starter #9  
Not bridging over at starter solenoid. Attaching portable battery jumper to hot post and frame. Will start, with key, everytime with jump starter attached. Thanks. Again, nothing at the key switch (without jumper attached), not even a click (which would suggest low charge on battery, dead battery, or bad wiring connections).
Which "hot post"? the battery or the starter? If you jump at the starter then either cable is suspect.

/ 1974 MF150 Diesel Won't Start Without Jump Starter #10  
Maybe when you get it running see if it is charging just a thought