1971 International 3444 2000 loader bucket cylinders

/ 1971 International 3444 2000 loader bucket cylinders #1  

IH3444

Veteran Member
Have the 1971 International 3444 Industrial TLB which is an absolute beast of a machine for its age. The front loader cylinders are leaking. I have the kits to repack the seals. Was wondering if anyone has found replacement bolt on cylinders in case the seal kits don't work. I've searched several sites, Surplus Center etc. I'm sure I can make a fit if I have to. Also are the lift cylinders the same as the bucket cylinders. Thanks!
Repacked the dipper cylinder back in late 80's and it has held up perfectly. Have the 14-foot hoe on the back. Also did the swing seals and O rings at that time also. It is a very powerful machine for that time of manufacture. Nothing like my friends New Holland 575 extend-a-hoe he loaned me though. Shame that ship has sailed. That machine was built ready for war from the factory.

Last edited:
   / 1971 International 3444 2000 loader bucket cylinders #2  
If you're seeking a source for hydraulic cylinders (or repair) check with a local hydraulic shop. They will have catalogs and know what's available based on your cylinder and not the tractor.

/ 1971 International 3444 2000 loader bucket cylinders #3  
Also, unless they are bent, the chrome can be redone and you would still have the original cylinders without a lot of expense.

Last edited:
   / 1971 International 3444 2000 loader bucket cylinders #4  
Hydraulic shop can fix them. new rods if needed. Had one of my Case 580's done cause it was bent. Replaced all the seals myself with kits from Case/IH dealer. You have to order the stuff and wait for it to come. As for whole cylinders, just measure size and go on the internet with needed size and go from there.