3-Point Hitch 169D 3 point hitch is weak

/ 169D 3 point hitch is weak
Okay, yesterday we dismantle my tractor to get the hydraulic problem fixed. I printed some pages off my manual and noticed that there are only 2 O-Rings in the cylinder, so locating the bad one was not to bad of an issue. So we removed the ROPS, seat bracket, lift arm, 3 point hitch, and the cylinder housing and took a look at what the problem may be. We pulled the cylinder head out and noticed that the O-ring had a small divot on the edge and had slightly collapsed over time of use and wear. I was really surprised at how simple the hydraulic system is on this tractor. So then we went on the search for a new O-Ring. Napa and John Deere did not have them but luckily Kubota had some in stock. Continued....

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    898.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    904.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    906.9 KB · Views: 338
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    807.3 KB · Views: 248
So after i got my O-Ring, I reassembled my hydraulics and tested the hitch. It lifted good, so we put the ROPS and other parts back on. Finally, I had it all in one piece. Since the farm I had it on has a lot of big machinery, I pulled up next to one of the John deere's, a 4255 i believe, and got a size comparison picture. Not much of a comparison though. :laughing::p Since there were no smaller implements there, I tried lifting the tongue of a 12' dist but only lifted it about 1 foot. Then i tried to lift the hitch end of a manure pit stirrer but couldnt since it was for a category 2 quick hitch. So I drove back to my grandpa's after seeing if those Skid steer R4's would fit (2" to small so no go) and hooked up to my tiller which is the heaviest implement I have used on it. Picked it right on up. :thumbsup: So i hooked it up to my rake and can now focus on the smaller things like maybe getting a new seat, fixing the SMV sign, cleaning up the fenders, fixing the front and back right side tires, and wiring in new flashing lights. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    899.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    901 KB · Views: 192
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    914.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    911.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    902.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    906.3 KB · Views: 305
I am very lucky on this repair as it only cost about $10 in the end with the new O-Ring and some gasket maker. :thumbsup:

/ 169D 3 point hitch is weak #74  
Well alrighty! Nice pictures, might help the next guy. Glad your on the road again. :thumbsup:

Well alrighty! Nice pictures, might help the next guy. Glad your on the road again. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I just graded 3 arenas with my tractor and it did very well, I did slightly smell some burning rubber when I was working it so does that mean that the fan belt is loose or is it time to replace? :confused: Other than that i had no problems to note. :)

/ 169D 3 point hitch is weak #76  
Thanks! I just graded 3 arenas with my tractor and it did very well, I did slightly smell some burning rubber when I was working it so does that mean that the fan belt is loose or is it time to replace? :confused: Other than that i had no problems to note. :)

No idea? Smell with your nose all over till you find the spot its coming from.