1533 hydraulic fluid change

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #1  

stumpfield

Gold Member
Tractor
2005 MT265B
I want to change the hydraulic fluid and filters. I contacted a local dealer but they still trying to find out what filter do I need. Anyone here own the same tractor 2005 MF1533 or Challenger MT265B with hydro drive. I want to find out what type and how many hydraulic filters and part number do I need to buy. What's the hydraulic fluid capacity? I believe I should use the permatran III right? How many gallons? I'm a little supprise that the dealer can't get this information easily. I searched and found a post here regarding changing the transmission fluid of a 1533 with 12x12 trans. Is it the same filter and fluid for the same tractor with Hyro drive? Thank you so much.

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #2  
I have a Synchroshuttle so I don't know if filters and capacities are the same.

You definitely need to use Permatran III, but it has been relabeled as AGCO Permatran 821XL. Same stuff, different label. Others have said that brand doesn't matter as long as the oil specs are the same, but I talked to the mechanic at the dealer, and he said most problems he has seen in the compacts are due to using a different oil. I believe it's worth the extra money.

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change
Dealer got back to me. Noboby has them in stock. Must be order from east coast. There are 2 hydraulic filters for my tractor and they cost about $150+shipping for both filters. Does that sound right? That's pretty expensive filters... Napa don't have cross reference for hydraulic filter. Is there any other source of hydraulic filter? Anyone have a service manual or have done the fluid change? Can you post the procedure? I looked around the tractor but can't find where to drain the fluid.

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #4  
I have a 1433 that needs one filter it is around $55cdn so the $150 is probably not to far off for the 2 filters plus shipping.

I use the permatran i forget the exact gals. but my [not hydro] needs alot. I think it is around 31gal. please don't quote me on that. I get the big container. that is around $85cdn.

Shane

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #5  
Sorry i forgot i have yet to find a cross reference for the hydraulic filter. Napa does have the engine filter though. I also use synthetic engine oil.

Shane

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #6  
View attachment 125513Here are the numbers from the AGCO parts book. You should be able to get all the filters except the hydraulic filter from napa

The hydraulic filter for my 1529 is $100 bucks CDN so you may get some sticker shock
Frank

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #7  
Sorry the number for the "Filter Charge" hydro filter should be 3608996M91, the one I gave you in the previous post is for the whole assembly
Frank

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #8  
Look under the tractor for the drain plug. There should be 2 for the engine and 1 for hydraulic. Hydraulic is to the rear.

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #9  
6241072m1, that's the big spin on under the right side footstep. 3608996m91 is the smaller spin on under the left footstep. The small one is for hydro drivetractors, the large one is the same for all 1533 & 1540's except the ones made about 2008 and up. those are a different number but look the same. Easy way to tell is if the magnet is on the rim of the filter, you need the newer version filter.
$150 is a little steep in my book, they should run a little over $100 plus freight.
Oh, there are 2 more drain plugs on the outer planeteries that hold about a quart a piece, be sure to drain those. They refill common with the rest.

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #10  
Capacity is about 8 gallons. Permatran, that's what you want.