12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #21  
Thanks for the replies. I never gave it a thought about an impact causing damage, so I'll try a regular driver now.

I have thought about putting a hydraulic jack system on it, but the expense versus the number of times I use the trailer does not justify it. I also looked at the electric motor conversion kits, but the ratings for them are not that great.

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #22  
Thanks for the replies. I never gave it a thought about an impact causing damage, so I'll try a regular driver now.

I have thought about putting a hydraulic jack system on it, but the expense versus the number of times I use the trailer does not justify it. I also looked at the electric motor conversion kits, but the ratings for them are not that great.

Im in the same situation. OEM didnt offer hydraulic jacks, just 2 speed jacks. Now regretting all the trailer on/trailer off cranking.
I think one of these adapters is the way to go. I constantly have DeWalt 60V batteries on charge and a drill in my tow vehicle, so I will always have the “power head” to crank the jack. Now I just need the adapter.

Kind of surprised nobody makes one. All the jack axle shafts are pretty much the same.

Last edited:
   / 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #23  

I have a power tilt deckover with the pump already. Keep thinking about it. Would just be a manual valve, hoses & a jack or cylinder. No pump required. Still to expensive & time consuming with no backup if you have a dead battery or whatever. Much more likely to make a drill adapter.

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #24  
My GN is a 32' hydraulic dovetail so it also has an on-board pump, but even so it is not cheap to add the controls, lines, and cylinders. I even have a spare pump I could use, but I just can't justify it.

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #25  
I was quoted $3000+ to do the conversion at a local trailer manufacturer

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #26  
Made mine today.
Easy.
On edit, mine comes apart when drilling counter clockwise, so i am going to weld the coupling nut to the cap. Also, my 3/4” bolt head needed a little grinding to fit inside the 1” galv pipe cap.
I probably should have used 5/8”, but once welded, it wont spin anymore.
1644962261375.jpeg

Thanks for the inspiration J Coastie

Last edited:
   / 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #27  
On my 25' fifth wheel, I welded a nut on years ago and used a drill for the landing gear. I recently acquired a 1/4" impact and the first time I used that, I twisted off the adapter. I just make sure I also have the right size socket and ratchet to do it by hand if this happens again after I've gone back to my drill.

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #29  
It shouldn’t take much twist to crank the jacks if you have a 2 speed setup

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #30  
Did that come with handle? To prevent wrist twisting.
Yep. I just hold it easy and don't run it full speed.

Great job on your adapter Hay Dude!! I have a single speed jack.