1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #21  
   / 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #22  
OK I will settle this now. I run Falken Rocky Mountain ATS tires on my F-350. They are Load Range E. They were 141 a piece with a 40 doller mail in rebate. They are a 60,000 mile tire. They wear like iron. Best part is they are a all terrain tire that is super quiet on the highway. I plow,haul, you name it and these are the best tires Ive ever had.

Look for Falken Rocky Mountain ATS tires by size in the Grand Rapids Metro Area - Discount Tire/America's Tire
I like the looks of them. I ran Falkens on both my Saturns and they both did good. My last set had 40,000 miles on them when sold and the tires looked like they had only wore 1/4 of the way.

Nice to say you have some new Falken Tires!

Chris

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #23  
It is rare that you can go to bigger tires on a dually without messing with spacers or changing rims.

B'sides, the slightly higher gearing doesn't affect fuel economy at highway speeds.
It takes pretty much the same amount of fuel to push an object with the aerodynamics of a brick through the air at a given speed regardless of gearing.
Within reason, though there is some difference between running in 5th vs 6th gear, but tire size changes are MUCH smaller than that.

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #24  
I also think there would be very little difference in mileage with larger tires. They are heavier and sap your power.
I doubt if they still put 16" tires on 1 tons but when they did you just throw those worn tires on the trailer and have spares too if it's a dually
Back in 99 my new Dodge came with Michelins and they lasted 100,000 so if a person can afford them I think they're worth it.

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #25  
I also think there would be very little difference in mileage with larger tires. They are heavier and sap your power.
I doubt if they still put 16" tires on 1 tons but when they did you just throw those worn tires on the trailer and have spares too if it's a dually
Back in 99 my new Dodge came with Michelins and they lasted 100,000 so if a person can afford them I think they're worth it.

My attitude on that is; "If they're too worn for the truck then they're too worn for the trailer.".

Yes, it would have worked for SOME duallies, e.g. 235/85 R16, but only for trailers that have the same bolt circle and 4 tires per axle.
Many/most trailers of the size that go behind 1 ton duallies are single tandems.

It can be a BIG hassle trying to get truck and trailer tires and rims to match, about the only benefit is that you can get down to carrying only one spare.