1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #11  
I should elaborate on the Michelin experiences. We had a Volvo with them on it from the factory. Road great and was quite but every pothole hit would blow the side wall out. Blew 3 of them in a year. I told the tire guy to replace them with the cheapest tire they had after replacing a few of the Michelin's.

Never had another flat after that. While they rode great and were quite they were just too soft for my rural roads.

Chris

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #12  
I have about 280,000 miles only car only using Michelins. I get about 70-80,000 miles a set. Not many chuckholes where I live but folks I know in snow states also like them. As always my experience may not be your experience. I have had good luck with the tires that came on vehicles so I kept using them. On my little truck the Bridgestones worked well for a few sets. For some reason I went generic tires after that and they have worked ok. I don't have a "big" truck so no real world experience. My dad had Michelins on his 2500 series Suburban and they seemed fine.

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #13  
But why spend the money for the best wearing tires if you're not going to wear them out? Just go down to the tire store and buy whatever off brand tire is cheap this month.

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #14  
But why spend the money for the best wearing tires if you're not going to wear them out? Just go down to the tire store and buy whatever off brand tire is cheap this month.

ya but what if the no names that are load range E are physically out of round and wont balance but the tire shop monkey still mounts them on the 3/4 ton work truck hopeing you wont notice... so after a week of getting your spine rattled you take it back and demand replacements and they put another set of the same chitty tires on with the same problems and you have to MAKE time out of your busy schedule to go back 2 days later and tear the manager of the tire store a new one... then have him discover that they are physically bad and he makes me pay for high priced michelins that he just happens to have in stock and are the only other load range E tires he has....

ya not a good way to go....ask me how i know....

my vote... cooper

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #15  
sorry, guess I've got a better dealer.

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #16  
I've used Michelin's on my cars for years. I just replaced a set of OEM Firestone's on my F-250 with Michelin's, and so far so good.

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #17  

ya but what if the no names that are load range E are physically out of round and wont balance but the tire shop monkey still mounts them on the 3/4 ton work truck hopeing you wont notice... so after a week of getting your spine rattled you take it back and demand replacements and they put another set of the same chitty tires on with the same problems and you have to MAKE time out of your busy schedule to go back 2 days later and tear the manager of the tire store a new one... then have him discover that they are physically bad and he makes me pay for high priced michelins that he just happens to have in stock and are the only other load range E tires he has....

ya not a good way to go....ask me how i know....

my vote... cooper

Wow this sounds exactly like my experience with a set of Goodyears!
Only difference is the Goodyears were not cheap.....crappy- yes, cheap- no.
Never again will my money go for Goodyear tires....although I have to admit a set on my company vehicle have been good.

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #18  
On my 1998 F150 I have had poor tire wear with Firestone & Goodyears. Currently, I'm on my second set of Yokohama Geolanders and absolutely love the ride, wear, and cost. Use the Tire Rack auto search function to locate manufacturers that make your size tire and load rating and then see what the tests and reviews are for added info.....Gary

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #19  
+1 for cooper.

All I use on all my vehicles. My truck is a heavy 3/4 ton and they work well.

Wear good, ride decent and fairly priced...

IMHO

/ 1 Ton Dually New Tire Recommendations #20  
I have a 2006 Chevy k3500, and at 22,000 I had to replace the OEM tires. I went with 50,000 mile HWY style BFG from walmart because of the price and warranty, I had good luck except they did not last 50K miles, so I am now going with 50k Goodyear Silent Armor tire, all the tires are Load Rng E. I will get an adustment on the six tires but I was hoping they would have lasted longer. I keep the tires for my GN trailers and have not had any problems. The thing I don't like about the tires on my 3500 is tire size is odd so not alot of choices.

With dual wheels you have to make sure the tire is the right size, GM rims dont have alot of offset making you to run narrower tires, mine are 215/85/16If the tires are to tall or wide they will rub and heat up causing a blow out.