What did you buy this week?

/ What did you buy this week? #351  
19 gallons of gas for my 2007 GMC pickup. Ouch! It's been 24 weeks since I last filled it up. We take the little car almost all the time.

/ What did you buy this week? #352  
I'm watching my 100 gallon diesel tank ebb down and dreading a trip to town with it. Seems I pay $100 more each time I fill it ! :cry:

/ What did you buy this week? #353  
took my buddy to DQ for ice cream - the brownie batter blizzard was good

/ What did you buy this week? #354  
Will do. It is very quiet, 75 dB. Has the automatic tank and air dryer drains. My wife creates stained glass art. We are starting up a business doing custom stained glass art. We will also be doing sand carving art, both on glass and stone. That is what the cabinet is for. I wanted to make sure it had a dry air source to avoid contaminating the glass or stone. One niche business is sand carved and painted stone pet memorials and commemorative pavers.

View attachment 863494
Randy...

I see your wife does stained glass. I sent you a PM.. please reply to it...:)

/ What did you buy this week? #355  
IMO.. ***** about to hit the fan very soon. Friend of mine owns 7 or 8 restaurants .. They are down almost 10% across the board. The more concerning stat is how many declines cards they are getting per week.. Up 800%. These are 100-150.00 charges that are declined.. Not good.. The average person is tapped out now.
WOW! That is right in line with a lot of things I’m seeing.

/ What did you buy this week? #356  
IMO.. ***** about to hit the fan very soon. Friend of mine owns 7 or 8 restaurants .. They are down almost 10% across the board. The more concerning stat is how many declines cards they are getting per week.. Up 800%. These are 100-150.00 charges that are declined.. Not good.. The average person is tapped out now.
And they are eating out? I don't believe it. :unsure:

/ What did you buy this week? #358  
I think financial discipline is a lost skill.
It's nothing new. I've had relatives that didn't know how to manage their finances that were born in the early 1900s, and know people today with the same problem. Some folks are never taught how VS some folks never learn. My folks' only advice to me was don't spend more than you make. While that is simple good advice, it never addresses saving anything for the future or getting ahead, budgeting, etc. Fortunately, someone (can't remember who) showed me the miracle of compound interest in my early 20s, and IRA accounts, pretending you make 15% less than you actually do. And then 401Ks and matching came along. Yee haw! (y)

/ What did you buy this week? #359  
I remember when I got pre-approved for a mortgage 25 years ago. The bank approved me for $1500/mo, which I thought was absurd. I ended up buying a house that came to $750/mo and never regretted it. I always enjoyed the financial security of not being house poor and I paid the mortgage off early.

/ What did you buy this week? #360  
265 gallons of off road diesel.