New to me TC29D cranks & won’t start

/ New to me TC29D cranks & won’t start #21  
Are you holding the key at the GP position for at least 10 seconds BEFORE proceeding to the crank position?

/ New to me TC29D cranks & won’t start
Are you holding the key at the GP position for at least 10 seconds BEFORE proceeding to the crank position?
The glow plugs are on a timer it seems like
The GP dash indicator light cycles on the run key position for between about three to seven seconds then turns off and clicks

I’ve got a compression test kit in hand and a continuity meter as well. I’ll see what I can find out about the GP test and I’ll compression test while each GP is out for the test

/ New to me TC29D cranks & won’t start #23  
You do know that you can’t use a compression tester for a gasoline engine, dont you.?
The gauge doesn’t go high enough..
Good luck with the testing..

/ New to me TC29D cranks & won’t start #24  
As an owner of a healthy TC 29 D I can tell you for a fact that that engine will start with no glow plugs no problem. Mine sits outside all year, and it has started in -0 temperature without a block heater.
Compression test procedure is correct, disconnect power to glow plugs, battery charger is only there so you don't kill the battery while cranking. 🍻

/ New to me TC29D cranks & won’t start #25  
A gas engine makes anywhere from 8:1 - 14:1 compression you most certainly can check the compression on a gas engine.
How does that dumb ass statement pertain to a diesel tractor.
Compression tests are done to check the health of gas engines all the time.🍻

/ New to me TC29D cranks & won’t start #26  
A gas engine makes anywhere from 8:1 - 14:1 compression you most certainly can check the compression on a gas engine.
How does that dumb ass statement pertain to a diesel tractor.
Compression tests are done to check the health of gas engines all the time.🍻
Talk about dumb ass statements.
I have seen nothing in this thread that has said compression tests can not be done on gas engines.
I did see one that mentions that the compression gauge for a gas engine will not have enough range of scale for a diesel with it's higher compression ratio of18:1 - 21:1.

/ New to me TC29D cranks & won’t start #27  
Not encouraging inflammatory rhetoric, but if thepumpguy had worded his response better there would not have been a misunderstanding.
It should have read "you know you can't use a gasoline engine compression tester on a diesel engine..."
The subject matter was the testing of a diesel though.

/ New to me TC29D cranks & won’t start #28  
Read post 23 Lou. Or can't you read. It say you cant use a compression tester on a gas engine.

/ New to me TC29D cranks & won’t start #29  
Read post 23 Lou. Or can't you read. It say you cant use a compression tester on a gas engine.
It is apparent you can’t read or maybe comprehend. Post 23 does not say you can’t use a compression tester on a gas engine.

It clearly says you can’t use a compression tester FOR a gasoline engine. And then goes on to explain the gauge does not read high enough. This was a heads up post as the OP stated he already had a compression test kit.

/ New to me TC29D cranks & won’t start #30  
All compression testers have gauges that go from 0 - 300 psi. The only thing that's different in the gas diesel testers is the adapters in the kit.