Online real estate pictures

/ Online real estate pictures #51  
Just wait until you see your realtor in the morning light...

:devilish:

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Online real estate pictures #52  

1713384166048.gif

/ Online real estate pictures #53  
Here is the thing...The kitchen and living room are on the second foor. I'll be danged if I'm spending 800k on a house with 2 acres where you have to walk up steps to eat LOL
Mmmm... back to the drawing board!!!

I've been planning a new workshop, and was thinking about adding a second floor kitchen/lunch room. Save the valuable first floor real estate.

Nonetheless, for one's house, that is a good consideration. When we built my parent's home over 40 years ago my parents insisted on a livable first floor, and kids on the second floor. My mother is now long past retirement, and it is a home she could live in for the rest of her life. A design accident even made most of the doorways wheelchair accessible.

/ Online real estate pictures #54  
I can't help but think, 70-85% of the people who move to rural areas, to live a 'simpler life' will be relocating back towards town in 5-10 years, when they find out rural isn't like in the movies.
The "Green Acres" TV show popped up in another thread. Interesting story line of a former lawyer that decided he wanted to be a farmer with an idealized view of working the soil with his hands and growing crops.

Some people like the country. Some like the city. Some want to bring the city to the country.

/ Online real estate pictures #55  
Kind of the same here.

I bought my first house in 1982 at $200000. It was 2500 sq ft.

My son just purchased his first house at $250000. It’s 2500 sq ft.

Then, on the other hand, a friend of mine just purchased a new car - Bentley - for $325000!

The difference between an investment banker and an accountant!!!
Home prices vary across the country. My first house was about 1,000 sq feet, I think. Bought in the late 80's for $25,000 or $30,000. A decade later it sold for $70K or so.

It resold a few years ago. I wish I had gone to an open house.

Zillow estimates it at $318,000 now.

Around 1980, my parents bought 30 acres of their current 50 acres for I think $1,000 or $2,000 an acre. If only I could have a time warp back to that era and pick up another 20 50 or 60 nearby acres.

/ Online real estate pictures #57  
Home prices vary across the country. My first house was about 1,000 sq feet, I think. Bought in the late 80's for $25,000 or $30,000. A decade later it sold for $70K or so.

It resold a few years ago. I wish I had gone to an open house.

Zillow estimates it at $318,000 now.

Around 1980, my parents bought 30 acres of their current 50 acres for I think $1,000 or $2,000 an acre. If only I could have a time warp back to that era and pick up another 20 50 or 60 nearby acres.
In 2001 I paid 10,500 for my 21 acres. Everyone told me that I was crazy to spend that much. I then cut enough wood off the lot to recover my money.

The picture the OP posted showing the garage door where you have to cross the lawn reminds me of the house which my grandfather built.
It was under the garage he parked his daily driver in. He kept the CJ5 he bought for hunting there, after he passed away that's where my father stored his boat through the winter.

/ Online real estate pictures
When we bought our additional land back in 2005, I thought $3,500 an acre was on the high side, but my wife and I agreed that we didn't want to run the risk of anyone building behind the house.

/ Online real estate pictures #59  
We wanted to buy the 6 acres behind us, but it went for almost as much as we paid for our house with 6 acres.
Now we will have a new house back there and have to plan some privacy screening.
Will also lose quite a bit of our mountain view.
$100,000 an acre now, and I could have bought it at only $90,000 an acre 2 years ago
:eek:

Wow did prices change in only 8 years.

/ Online real estate pictures #60  
From what I'm hearing, there are a bunch of people wanting to buy houses, but not at the current interest rate. Odds are good that the Fed will drop interest rates by a point before the election to help the economy.
I bought my first house in 1977, I think I paid 8.5% and thought I was getting a bargain. Within a year mortgage rates were over 9.

In my area, many of the homes for sale are the less desirable homes that are either estate properties that need updating but the heirs won't spend the money or flips that have undergone a lot of cosmetic fluffing and now priced pretty high. People that own desirable homes are holding onto what they have because they don't see anything on the market that appeals more to them at a price they are willing to pay.
Part of the problem is that it seems that everyone today wants a "move in ready" house at a bargain price. Both houses I've owned were as you described...estate properties previously owned by a long-time widow and needed lots of TLC. Most of my friends' first houses were also fixer uppers. No less "desirable", just more affordable and with some work can be just as desirable as anything else.