What did you break today?

/ What did you break today? #41  
Well I thought I nuked my dump truck PTO.
Started driving up the road, got about 2-3 miles @ 45MPH and looked down to see my PTO was on.
It still dumps, but might break prematurely. I bet I got that thing cherry red before I realized the switch was on.

More sleep is what I need…..

/ What did you break today? #42  
Well I thought I nuked my dump truck PTO.
Started driving up the road, got about 2-3 miles @ 45MPH and looked down to see my PTO was on.
It still dumps, but might break prematurely. I bet I got that thing cherry red before I realized the switch was on.

More sleep is what I need…..
When we were running a fleet of semi-dumps and a few PTO shafts and pumps got destroyed, we put rather loud beeper alarms in all the trucks using a pressure switch in the airline to the PTO. That pretty much eliminated PTO and pump problems.

/ What did you break today? #43  
Was spreading out a pile of gravel for the across the street neighbor last Thursday, the calcium finally got the leaking rear tire. Found a set of foam filled tires on FB for $150 so I should be good to go now. Those rims were a ticking time bomb when I brought it home 15 years ago, guess I can't complain.
20240411_152113.jpg

/ What did you break today? #44  
Broke a ZT tire stem. That's all I got today, but tomorrow is coming!

/ What did you break today? #45  
Rolled the golf cart wheel off the rim...it's way of telling me I told you I needed air!

Attachments

• IMG_3692.JPG
    IMG_3692.JPG
    307.3 KB · Views: 29
   / What did you break today? #46  
Well, nabbed a photo. I couldn't straighten the rod out enough, and then realized the tube had been damaged as well.

So I'll probably retrieve a new one.

Attachments

• 20240414_174806.jpg
    20240414_174806.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
   / What did you break today? #47  
I was checking air on my 40' trailer and one of the inside tires would not take any air. I stuck my head around to see a chunk about 5" missing from the tire. Pulled it off and noticed the rim was bent badly. Took it to a tire shop and a young man with a big sledge hammer bent it back into shape. Put a new tire and we are ready for a 300 mile day tomorrow....I hope....

/ What did you break today? #49  
The bank account. Went with wife (both had to take off work) to get taxes straightened out and get tires mounted on her car.
I hear ya - I had to send off 4 checks this AM to state and Fed. My bank acct is damaged. lol, Needed a new tire, now I'm looking at a HF inner tube :p