Hydraulic fluid

/ Hydraulic fluid #11  
Sometimes, not always, one gets what they pay for...
Sometimes, probably most often, OEMs buy from giant name brands and under license, they rebrand it under their name.

You're not doing Space Shuttle maintenance here; relax and buy the best most hi-spec brand, and use it with confidence.

CM out

/ Hydraulic fluid
Thanks for everyone's advice Might just do the filters and the oil this time

/ Hydraulic fluid #13  
Thanks for everyone's advice Might just do the filters and the oil this time
How's that any different from what you did at 400 hrs?

/ Hydraulic fluid
400 hrs did all fluids
I don't change the hudraulic fluid in my combine and most people I know don't do the hydraulics in their deere machines just change the filters

/ Hydraulic fluid #17  
I have bought Mobil 424 from Summit Racing on line in the past with free shipping.

/ Hydraulic fluid #19  
I use the NAPA brand fluid for my excavator and dont even think twice because it has 5800 hrs. and is good and used. LOL But scared to death to use something other than OEM in the tractor. Sometimes I wonder if it is all the same thing or the OEM's actaully put special "things" in there that their equipment has to have to function properly. It is like a scary movie if you dare use something other than OEM suggestion. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Hydraulic fluid #20  
I use the NAPA brand fluid for my excavator and dont even think twice because it has 5800 hrs. and is good and used. LOL But scared to death to use something other than OEM in the tractor. Sometimes I wonder if it is all the same thing or the OEM's actaully put special "things" in there that their equipment has to have to function properly. It is like a scary movie if you dare use something other than OEM suggestion. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

No OEM makes there own oil that I am aware of, but many have specs good reasons.

Many aftermarket providers (including Napa and Carquest) was selling universal tractor fluid that "meets" JD 303 specs when not only did not meet those specs but something the level of 303 has not been specified for 50 plus years.

Good luck