Buying Advice Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors?

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #151  
How much was your solar system?
I design systems for a living. Did it myself. $18,000 in materials. $3000 cash for helpers to install. $12,000 state rebate and 30% federal tax credit

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #152  
It's habitat restoration.... and from California to Washington.

It's happening with much fan fare...

As for solar my year 2009 solar panels are are on the job everyday and I only pay the meter fee.

I don't use electricity from 4-9 pm for things like laundry or welding or painting as a rule... the rate is much higher as this is peak time.

For the first time I decide to do an experiment and set my house thermostat to 67 and leave it.

My gas bill for 31 days was $310 dollars... gas heat, gas hot water, gas dryer and gas range...

A few mornings the roofs were white with frost.
$310 for one month???? Cough, sputter, choke.....wow. Either you have a really large mansion or you need to move. I have a hybrid heat/air unit. When the temp is above 38F, it runs on a multi-stage heat pump. When the temp drops below 38F, it switches over to gas heat. I use propane from an under ground 500 gallon tank. I pay around $2.19 a gallon to have it refilled. The most it can hold is 400 gallons. Every other year, it is topped off, and only takes around 300 gallons to do so. So, about 150 gallons per year usage. Our electric bills are never over $130.00/month. We keep the thermostat at 72 degrees year around. We don't conserve electric much, except we do turn off lights when not in a room.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #153  
3200 square feet, well insulated with triple pane windows.

Unless you have PGE plus the city added utility taxes it is hard to understand unless maybe your utility is in Hawaii.

Again, I have not paid for a kW of electricity since my solar went online.

The powers that be have the mindset to eliminate natural gas... as in no more new services, etc.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #154  
$310 for one month???? Cough, sputter, choke.....wow. Either you have a really large mansion or you need to move. I have a hybrid heat/air unit. When the temp is above 38F, it runs on a multi-stage heat pump. When the temp drops below 38F, it switches over to gas heat. I use propane from an under ground 500 gallon tank. I pay around $2.19 a gallon to have it refilled. The most it can hold is 400 gallons. Every other year, it is topped off, and only takes around 300 gallons to do so. So, about 150 gallons per year usage. Our electric bills are never over $130.00/month. We keep the thermostat at 72 degrees year around. We don't conserve electric much, except we do turn off lights when not in a room.
Just cause you don't live in Komifornia my last house had propane was easy to use $600 a month.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #155  
3200 square feet, well insulated with triple pane windows.

Unless you have PGE plus the city added utility taxes it is hard to understand unless maybe your utility is in Hawaii.

Again, I have not paid for a kW of electricity since my solar went online.

The powers that be have the mindset to eliminate natural gas... as in no more new services, etc.
What do you pay in tru up cost???

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #156  
   / Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #157  
I design systems for a living. Did it myself. $18,000 in materials. $3000 cash for helpers to install. $12,000 state rebate and 30% federal tax credit
If I could get most of it subsidized it might be worth it. But according to a quick review of what a solar panel system would do for me I just don't see it affecting my electric bill much at all.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #158  
Every year I receive a check in the $250-300 range...
I actually got around $350 which PG&E put toward my gas bill and the system has only been in service since September.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #159  

You got to consider where people live. It makes a huge difference. You obviously live in a mild winter location.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #160  
Follow the money.
And that's what it's all about.
I think the govt. finally realized the economy was going in shutdown mode. Consumer internal combustion engines (ICE) have gotten too reliable.
All us old fart babyboomers have bought all the ICE equipment we NEED. And most of that made in the last 10 to 20 years is pretty efficient, and will last a LONG TIME with decent maintenance upkeep and fuel.
So instead of buying a new car every 3 to 5 years why not go 10 or 20?
Tractors seem to last forever.
Most other industries that produce equipment have similar success in equipment life span improvement. So the consumer has slowed down.
Only by regulating that old ICE equipment has to be replaced will the economy get rolling at high speed again.