Buying Advice Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors?

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #11  
I don't dislike clean air. However people die by the hundreds of thousands from the crap they allow in our food. We are fat, out of shape, and comfortable.
I say, make everyone suffer the DPF. Why not? Under 26hp should be included. Join the party. They make pollution sound racist, so anyone without a DPF, is more racist than those who have DPF 🤣

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #12  
I hate the bureaucracy, restrictions, and the manufacturing costs that come with these EPA mandates.
And I definitely don't like regulations telling me what I can and can't do.

But I can't deny that the air is noticibly cleaner than it was 50 years ago. That goes for soil and water too. And not cleaner by some small amount that shows up as "data on a graph". Our air and water are enough cleaner to make a difference anyone can taste and feel.

Maybe the answer is that everyone should have been taking care of their trash all along. Then we wouldn't need to be playing catchup.

rScotty

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #13  
You know, most of the people that die with heart disease and cancer are our elderly population, you know, and we all will probably die with something sooner or later.

Joycelyn Elders​

tell that to my 55 year old nurse wife that died of cancer.
your statement is remarkably insensitive and adds nothing to the discussion

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #14  
Excuse me, I'm sorry for your loss.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #15  
I was getting sick of breathing the exhaust fumes from my pre-tier 4 43 hp diesel tractor, when I left it running at night to charge the battery with the headlights on as I filled the bucket with firewood from my woodshed, this winter.

The thought of getting a new $ 35 k tier 4 replacement crossed my mind. Maybe I’ll wait for the $ 50 k tier 5’s to come out. That might still let some particulate thru yet though, and it only takes one particle to do some lung damage.

To save my lungs, I decided to just keep my old tractor and shut it off when filling the bucket. Tough working in the dark, and I didn’t want to run down my battery. The only charge it’s been getting this winter, is when I fetch a half cord of firewood each week, since it hasn’t snowed enough to need it for plowing

Fortunately, my wife bought a new lamp for in the house and she gave me her old one. I set that up out in the woodshed. Now, all I got to do is turn it on before I shut down the tractor. Problem solved.
View attachment 851060
Past time to quit burning wood as it contributes to particulate emissions, 1000 times more than any tractor exhaust ever will...

Your comment smacks of ignorance and not much more.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #16  
I'd say it adds A LOT to the discussion unlike your opinion. Been dealing with cancer for the last 7 years and I've changed NOTHING concerning my powered equipment. In fact I run 2 large frame turbocharged Kubota's that are 100% mechanical injection and certainly do smoke when run hard and I'm not changing anything. Don't want any emissions compliant prime movers, ever and I plan on running mine until I no longer require them and then sell them off and they will command a premium rice because like me, people are wise to the emissions compliant boondoggle.

I work part time at my Kubota dealer and a full 75% of repairs are directly due to emissions related failures. It's an industry joke, perpetrated by an over reaching government entity that really knows nothing about real world operations and don't care to. All those 'mandates' are nothing more than a buch of college trained clowns that know nothing about real world operations and in reality, could care less. All about the power to mandate inane rules and not much else.

I will never own ANY tractor that is T4 or above. Not gonna happen here.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #17  
We all die, including your wife. No one gets to live forever and when your ticket gets punched, you get to leave. I'm sorry your wife got hers punched early, but that is how it goes. I suspect mine is coming due as well and candidly, I'm all good with it. I've made my piece with the Lord and I have nothing to be remorseful about, at all. In fact, with the state of current affairs, that leaving these mortal bounds may not be a bad thing in reality.

So yes, in a way I'm looking forward to the eternal sleep.

Always remember, 'you come into this world, naked and afraid and you leave the same way'.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #18  
I hate the bureaucracy, restrictions, and the manufacturing costs that come with these EPA mandates.
And I definitely don't like regulations telling me what I can and can't do.

But I can't deny that the air is noticibly cleaner than it was 50 years ago. That goes for soil and water too. And not cleaner by some small amount that shows up as "data on a graph". Our air and water are enough cleaner to make a difference anyone can taste and feel.

Maybe the answer is that everyone should have been taking care of their trash all along. Then we wouldn't need to be playing catchup.

rScotty
10-1 tractor emissions had virtually zero effect. Not enough working hours in a concentrated area for tractor emissions to harm many people.

The problem with these people is they cannot just take the win. Lots of dollars flowing in so they keep squeezing. Eventually, that's going to cause backlash problems for them.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #19  
There are so many ailments that affect different sectors of the population differently that it's REALLY hard to think they KNOW the number of deaths from particulates. And then to attribute them to certain people based on income and race?
Excess deaths are up since 2020... Life Insurance companies know this, because death is their business... And nobody knows what happened in that time frame to have caused younger people to get sick and die at markedly higher rates? Nobody? Really? No one? These excess deaths continued in 2023... In younger people.

Really no one knows?

But we are certain about these numbers and the races of the people affected? Ok. Sorry. I call bullshit on both.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #20  
Tier 5 has been talked about in articles going back to 2015 or before so this is nothing new. From what I read, it was going to be front and center this year and would be implemented at the very soonest in 2028. At this point, I'm not going to get all worked up about it. People should also worry about good food, clean air and water for future generations. :unsure: