I broke it again.

/ I broke it again. #31  
The wheel motors on that series may not be able to take continuous side loads that dual wheels would generate.

/ I broke it again. #32  
I suspect it would be cheaper to replace the whole machine than to pay for the cost of one crushed limb.

/ I broke it again. #35  
The PT used tractor site has a few for less then the cost of one limb: Used Power Tracs
1712922649529.png

/ I broke it again. #36  
the machinist, measured the inside diameter of the pipe and then turned down the pin to the size of the pipe inside diameter, then welded up the pipe with the pin installed see pics for refrenceView attachment 861764View attachment 861765View attachment 861766
The whole job cost 180 dollars. Not bad.
Am I the only one who thinks that this bracing looks really good but doesn't do much good? There should be metal between the two flat pieces at each brace to tie the two sides together. Otherwise it's just going to break in the same place again. That's my thoughts.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / I broke it again. #38  
Am I the only one who thinks that this bracing looks really good but doesn't do much good? There should be metal between the two flat pieces at each brace to tie the two sides together. Otherwise it's just going to break in the same place again. That's my thoughts.
In there... (y)

IMG_3893.jpeg

/ I broke it again. #40  
Metal reinforcement at the center should help resist future breaks since there may be some metal fatigue after the previous break.

I wonder if there would be a way to inexpensively fabricate some kind of outrigger axle support that would make dual wheels workable with the existing wheel motors?