You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #971  
You know you're old when You call your father, "the old man" and you're older than he was when he died more than a decade ago.
Been more than a decade but otherwise pretty much spot on.

/ You Know You Are Old When #972  
You know you are old when you crank started your first car and quicky learned to park strategically on an incline whenever possible

/ You Know You Are Old When #973  
You know you are old when you crank started your first car and quicky learned to park strategically on an incline whenever possible
Learned that for older motorcycles as well. Just like backing into down slope parking spot.

/ You Know You Are Old When #974  
Maybe thinking about the Allstate car?
This is from Wikipedia:
The Allstate is an American automobile that was offered for sale through Sears, Roebuck and Co. during the 1952 and 1953 model years. It was a rebadged version of the Henry J, an automobile manufactured by the Kaiser-Frazer company from 1950 through 1954.
Small point but one of my early driving lessons was in a Kaiser. Most were blue and that one was too. Had to lift the heavy hood and pour a little gas in the carb to get it to fire. Everything ran when that puppy fired up.

/ You Know You Are Old When #975  
Small point but one of my early driving lessons was in a Kaiser. Most were blue and that one was too. Had to lift the heavy hood and pour a little gas in the carb to get it to fire. Everything ran when that puppy fired up.
My dad had a Kaiser before I was born. He didn't keep it long. Now I think I know why.

/ You Know You Are Old When #976  
I never had much luck with the old 6 volt ignitions.

/ You Know You Are Old When #977  
Heck, I had several $500 70s Novas that I'd do that for insurance in case the starter didn't work. :LOL:

/ You Know You Are Old When #978  
My father had two Farmall tractors (F12 & F14) with magneto ignitions. They were always parked on a hill so that we didn't have to crank start them.

/ You Know You Are Old When #979  
Many of my $100 specials had to parked on a hill...you know you are old.

/ You Know You Are Old When #980  
E3C54211-2D62-4A9C-80B0-1BA1E0F13053.png