Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,971  
Good Morning. 34º going to 68º today. Whoo-hoo. Temps back to winter norms.
Probably wash the car today and go for a top down spin in the afternoon.
Not much else planned besides enjoying the weather
Wife left for 3 days. Probably enjoy some peace and quiet too ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #183,972  
Morning all, 26 going up to 31 and cloudy,
Calling for snow tonight into tomorrow 2-3" or so.
Looked up driveway and road up by my neighbors is a sheet of ice.

Got some more work done in basement, trip to home depot got me another 22 furring strips.
Amazed at how many on the pile were so bad as to not even be good scrap wood.

Congrats to the team Helo!

Feel better Scott and Kathleen

Off work today, so back down to the garage to slowly get it moving along.

I have been good and have not many any comment, though I have a lot.
I like the fact that this thread usually is about what is going on and how everyone is doing.
Plenty of stuff to do, so I focus on that, those furring strips won't put themselves up!

One of the home depot guys I guess was bored and asked if I needed the 1x2 cut to size.
I was wondering how many people would have 22 x 8 footers cut at HD?

/ Good morning!!!! #183,973  
First. Frankly I am bit surprised, how someone can be offended by facts. By opinions - yeah, but facts are there and facts don't care what we think about them.

Second. Facts can be shown in different light. Because of reasons we here like that "per capita" parameters :D

Third - it is US taxpayer money. I have no saying on how to spend that. Looking on that chart you might guess my opinion :D But again - it's purely American call. And I can understand those, who say that this money has to be spent at US. That should be popular opinion, people like simple answers on complex questions

Forth - Please understand, we here are really scared. Recently even Sweden's top military commanders has told very openly that Sweden should prepare for war. On its territory. Not like it's inevitable, but risks are high
Obviously lot of people have lost their cool. Including me. Not only because of this, but general situation is developing "interesting"

Fifth - I can partly agree, this thread is not the 100 % right place to discuss those matters. But we here are sharing not only our joy but also problems, issues, basically all matters what shakes us. This war is big part of my day. That's why I have brought it up. And I am not even sorry for this ;)
I find it interesting to hear (read) information from those close to the issue. Even if I don't agree with how things are being handled it is good to hear a local perspective. And to try and consider how much different the immediate effect of the different decisions are felt.
I was personally involved in our last fiasco to stop the spread of communism and the so called domino effect in southwest asia. And how things were viewed so differently when first hand and how it was reported and spun by the main stream media even in the 70's.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,975  
Good Morning!!!! 43F @ 6:30AM. Cloudy early, becoming mostly sunny this afternoon. High 59F. Winds light and variable.
The rest of the 10-day looks pretty wet, just what we need up here.
I finally bought some Leinenkugel's beer last week.....and I still haven't drank one. I need a friend to stop by and visit so I have a reason...
I'd be happy to help you out with that, Kyle, if'n I was closer. Never had that one before.

Spent some time yesterday typing up information on various aspects of this house to go along with the installation and owners manuals that accompanied the various gadgets and appliances. If escrow goes smoothly and I get my price, the new owners of this place will benefit from that documentation. It would be a shame to lose access to that information should the buyer turn out to be a jerk.

Also got a little bit more of the office desk packed. Need to finish that up today and get the thing loaded in the van, or I'll be doing it in the rain tomorrow and Wednesday. Thursday is supposed to be dry, so that's the travel day.

Scrounged up enough dry wood for a camp fire, and burned another bunch of paperwork. Still have more to do if the rain holds off long enough tonight. I think from now on I'll try to be a little more diligent about policing old paperwork and destroy it as it ages instead of letting it pile up. Getting rid of a file cabinet or two might help with that.

Hope everyone stays warm and safe in this winter weather, and that all our weeks get off to a great start!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,976  
And in a different vein Morning to all;
It's a nice crisp 14F here this morning, clear skies and sunny just a skift of snow on the ground.
But not terrible by any shape for mid January. Not forecast to get above freezing till possibly next Monday and a few single digit nights but none forecast for below zero so not terrible.
15 jan 24 sunny day.jpg

Everyone stay safe and get well.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,978  
an embarrassing morning
after I made my food run at the expensive supermarket with my 15% off coupon, wanted to go the other one
due to the veggie sale. Ad said electronic only (?) seems you need a smart phone to get the discount? That's stupid.
I asked a checker who wasn't doing anything whether my regular card would work, and she said no, and then smiled at
me and said particularly not for an Acme ad. I was in the Giant food store. Oh my. I slunk out quietly :rolleyes:

need to go hang my new flagpole, probably only worthwhile thing I'll accomplish today

/ Good morning!!!! #183,979  
today is an important day to a lot of Americans
those with dreams and aspirations, like all of us

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation
where they will not be judged by the color of their skin
but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.

I think we can all agree on that. Character and personal integrity is everything.

have to make an appointment to get my eyes examined. Starting to see little black things in left eye at certain angles.
that isn't likely to be good.
one more malfunction in an ever growing list.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,980  
today is an important day to a lot of Americans
those with dreams and aspirations, like all of us

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation
where they will not be judged by the color of their skin
but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.

I think we can all agree on that. Character and personal integrity is everything.
Unless you're voting for a president, or congress person or mayor, or chief of police... Basically anyone in a position of authority,