Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques?

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #141  
Have you called this place you posted about the ripper I see he has some rippers
I have not. I saw the AGT ripper and I was hooked. I would like to get an opinion on the AGT from the experts on here.
It looks like something I could really rip stuff with! :D I did not see it in the pic of their attachments, but I guess that doesnt mean much.

Last edited:
   / Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #142  
I haven't used an Agrotk myself, but I've heard some good and bad things. If you're just doing simple stuff like moving logs and clearing brush, it'll probably do the job. The power thumb is a nice feature. Gas isn't as strong as diesel, but it's usually cheaper to fix. If you can afford a new one and you're sick of old, pricey ones, it might be worth a shot.

I've got myself a used Caterpillar for around 12k from 2015. Doing a great job, and I am very pleased with it. Just had to replace a few parts but I found them for some great prices from caterpillar parts trinidad. Might check if you need them in future.

Last edited:
   / Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #143  
A Utube poster just measured the weight of his new QH12, as-delivered on a small pallet, and it came in at 1808#. The manifest said 2200#.

The unit now comes with a hyd return filter, which is great news.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #144  
A Utube poster just measured the weight of his new QH12, as-delivered on a small pallet, and it came in at 1808#. The manifest said 2200#.

The unit now comes with a hyd return filter, which is great news.
Do you know if it has the hyd cooler and fan?

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #145  
I did not see one on that unit. What does the importer say? They have so many variations now.

Some new owners are going nuts installing fans to cool the house, without considering how much current the B&S alternator can supply. Maybe someone with a 1-1.5T AgroTK
or CFG can measure the max charge current for us?

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #146  
I did not see one on that unit. What does the importer say? They have so many variations now.

Some new owners are going nuts installing fans to cool the house, without considering how much current the B&S alternator can supply. Maybe someone with a 1-1.5T AgroTK
or CFG can measure the max charge current for us?
I will check it with my DC clamp on once the weather breaks. I did read somewhere that the B&S alternator for these is max 9 amps (3600rpm). 9a at 12vDC is 108 watts. That is why I only went with 1-80w fan in my unit.

Edit: Well I was able to take a reading just a minute ago. it came out to ~4.5a going into the battery after a cold start nothing else running during test (except hour meter). This would seem to indicate a 5a alternator which is one of the possibilities for this model B&S. If so running even the 80w fan will deplete the battery over time. Good thing I am routinely plugging it into a 1.75a battery charger/maintainer.

Last edited:
   / Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #147  
All of the baby-X from China that I have looked at under $10000, have either or, not both. I cannot find any info on the AGT website that tells what the unit is set up with. When I saw the pic of my machine before I bought it, I was happy to see the hyd cooler and fan. Then came the disappointment when the machine was delivered and I discovered the hyd filter wasnt installed on my machine. :confused: :oops:

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #148  
I will check it with my DC clamp on once the weather breaks. I did read somewhere that the B&S alternator for these is max 9 amps (3600rpm). 9a at 12vDC is 108 watts. That is why I only went with 1-80w fan in my unit.

Edit: Well I was able to take a reading just a minute ago. it came out to ~4.5a going into the battery after a cold start nothing else running during test (except hour meter). This would seem to indicate a 5a alternator which is one of the possibilities for this model B&S. If so running even the 80w fan will deplete the battery over time. Good thing I am routinely plugging it into a 1.75a battery charger/maintainer.
I really hope we have more charge than that.. I was hoping for the 10 amps I understood the Briggs to have. I dont think there is any other way to cool these hot blooded little diggers than electric fans.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #149  
I really hope we have more charge than that.. I was hoping for the 10 amps I understood the Briggs to have. I dont think there is any other way to cool these hot blooded little diggers than electric fans.
I am disappointed in you, Rusty! Didn't you read and look at the flywheel fan ducting I did? It is very effective, and not hard to add.

3A and 10A alternators are the options offered on the B&S product page. I suspect the 10A option is a multi-coil stator, and would add significantly to costs. The Honda GX340/390s I have opened up have one or 2 separate coils, which look like bolt-on mods to Chondas that only have one coil (like my Duromax 420).

I measure my charge current at less than one Amp, so I added a wimpy 500mA electric fan to help out.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #150  
I am disappointed in you, Rusty! Didn't you read and look at the flywheel fan ducting I did? It is very effective, and not hard to add.

3A and 10A alternators are the options offered on the B&S product page. I suspect the 10A option is a multi-coil stator, and would add significantly to costs. The Honda GX340/390s I have opened up have one or 2 separate coils, which look like bolt-on mods to Chondas that only have one coil (like my Duromax 420).

I measure my charge current at less than one Amp, so I added a wimpy 500mA electric fan to help out.
Calm down :) Ha-ha I am your biggest fan.. I read your thread more than anything on here, the ductwork is on my list to do and will be simple enough. I definitely pay attention to your advice. I just don't get to do everything I want as soon as I want. I would be a fool to not use all the good tips you toss at me. Also, I noticed the voltage regulator on the briggs is much smaller than that on a Honda GX390 I have on a SXS. its rated for 20 amps.