Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques?

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #1  

KilroyJC

Elite Member
Tractor
1962 Case 430, 1995 Craftsman Yard Tractor/mower, 1949 South Bend 9A Lathe, WoodMizer Lx55 sawmill, Kubota KX033-4 Mini-Excavator
   / Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #2  
Someone has to be the first to write a review!

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #3  
Sotty, but I wouldn’t spend $1 on a cheap Chinese piece o junk. Just wait until you need some parts for it… much less warranty repair

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #4  
Also, heres a size comparison. Better find a 3 foot tall operator

526DB2BA-F801-444B-8018-68D19463FD1E.jpeg

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #5  
What's your budget?
Have you considered a full sized backhoe?
I follow a lot of auctions and mini's are still selling for strong money but backhoes are not. If you don't mind turning a wrench and fixing a leaky hose or cylinder for what you'd spend on the machine you linked you're almost into a decent used backhoe. If you are a cash buyer watch auctions in your area and around closely.
Even a well used Case 580 you can sell for what you have in it as long as it runs so you can trade up later if you'd like. I doubt you could recoup half your money from a Chinese small excavator.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques?
What's your budget?
Have you considered a full sized backhoe?
I follow a lot of auctions and mini's are still selling for strong money but backhoes are not. If you don't mind turning a wrench and fixing a leaky hose or cylinder for what you'd spend on the machine you linked you're almost into a decent used backhoe. If you are a cash buyer watch auctions in your area and around closely.
Even a well used Case 580 you can sell for what you have in it as long as it runs so you can trade up later if you'd like. I doubt you could recoup half your money from a Chinese small excavator.
I have been looking for Ford 555s and Case 580s and everything that seems even halfway usable is well over $20G. Last month, I was looking at a mid1980s Kato excavator that asking was 10G, 28k-lb unit, no thumb, no plow, rode hard & put away wet, everything leaky, plus transport costs. A backhoe would work for most of anything I need, a mini-ex can get into places the backhoe can’t.

I would actually prefer an older unit with minimal/no computers and a diesel engine.

I check the CL almost daily, Mrs does the local Facebook market.

I really want to buy something instead of paying people to do work, or renting equipment, but I don’t want to take on a second mortgage— I could very easily go down to our local Kubota dealer and leave with a 12Klb unit on my signature, I would prefer to pay cash instead.

But what is Made In USA that is available in the up-to-$15G range That comes with a blade and thumb and diesel? Yes, this is gas not diesel, I know, but what are ya gonna do?
Heck - what meets that criteria at $25G. And how much of it is really “MADE IN USA“ anyway? Give me a lead on something Made In USA at twice the price of the Ageotk and I will gladly look at it rather than some Chinesium junk…

as to “minding turning a wrench”, me and a friend pulled the engine of my first car (‘75 Chevy, 350SB) with a chain, a couple of 2x4s on our shoulders, and a lot more brawn than sense…

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #7  
@KilroyJC same situation out here, hard to find a good one and expensive. I am in a similar situation.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques?
@KilroyJC same situation out here, hard to find a good one and expensive. I am in a similar situation.
Just scanned through IronPlanet and ePrey. Anything under $15G is clapped-out junk. Same for backhoes.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #9  
I have been following the auctions and these mini-ex's are all over the place. It seems like they get "dumped" by distributors.
I was following Rebel Auctions in GA last week and they had a least a dozen of these. I think they all went for less than $7000.
Agrotk has a presence in Chicago if you look at their website so they aren't just a one-off machine.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #10  
Based on this video and what I already expected I’d avoid the China excavator.