Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,321  
Well, don't forget that meetings are great for "team building".......

And for gaining "presentation skills" ......

And for getting the team "on the same page".....

Don't miss that BS at all!
At my last place of employment they were big on meetings, "team" meetings be a part of the "team" do good for all of us and all the other bullcrap.
It came to a head one day when they had to have a team meeting on getting a project completed, they were going around the room patting themselves on their back and congratulating each other on their superb performance. When I finally spoke up and asked them what they had actually done and that if the self congratulating session was done I had a lot of work to do in completing and commissioning the project so it would work right and in the manner it was spec'ed to do. And I was headed out to get to work and didn't have time for their bull meetings. I was around 62 or 63 years old then after the project was done and up and working we had a long discussion between my management and HR, I didn't attend many meetings after that, gave my notice and took terminal vacation a month before I turned 65 and just after coming back to work from a knee replacement. It was an interesting last two weeks.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,322  
At my last place of employment they were big on meetings, "team" meetings be a part of the "team" do good for all of us and all the other bullcrap.
It came to a head one day when they had to have a team meeting on getting a project completed, they were going around the room patting themselves on their back and congratulating each other on their superb performance. When I finally spoke up and asked them what they had actually done and that if the self congratulating session was done I had a lot of work to do in completing and commissioning the project so it would work right and in the manner it was spec'ed to do. And I was headed out to get to work and didn't have time for their bull meetings. I was around 62 or 63 years old then after the project was done and up and working we had a long discussion between my management and HR, I didn't attend many meetings after that, gave my notice and took terminal vacation a month before I turned 65 and just after coming back to work from a knee replacement. It was an interesting last two weeks.
We have people from multiple countries and companies, so Teams has become the standard. I try to force a meeting agenda, and we don't keep the meeting going if we have finished what needs to be said.
But it's still 4-8 hours per day.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,323  
65°F and 1.45 inches rain. Forecast is for rain all day.

Good I got accomplished yesterday as it appears to be an inside day all day today. Get caught up on some admin stuff.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #182,324  
A former coworker was great at getting out of meetings. If it was a meeting he didn't need to be in, he'd arrange for someone to call him out of the meeting. He would only attend meetings for as long as his part, then leave. This guy got a lot of work accomplished, and is someone I really enjoyed working with.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,325  
Brother just got home from hospital, 3 more stents.
Not sure how Dr. missed these blockages on first foray.
Hope this fixes his issues.

Meetings finally done for today. These meetings will govern a lot of work for the next year, so more like working sessions.
The longer, boring presentation type meetings will start again next year.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,326  
2bit, I'm saving the estate money by not using a realtor on the house/land sale but my cousin the buyer keeps changing things, The deal almost fell through yesterday but is hanging on by a thread, and now she knows it.
No doubt it a money saving move to cut out the commission. Sometimes, with family, it is good idea to have an intermediary in the middle. Sounds like your lawyer will do that for you.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,329  
Well, don't forget that meetings are great for "team building".......

And for gaining "presentation skills" ......

And for getting the team "on the same page".....

Don't miss that BS at all!
yeah — “team building”…

more stuff for the water boy (me) to do while everyone else gets to go golfing…