Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #1  

Shagmaster

Tractor
Kioti NX 6010
I’ve had it with the problems and experiences I’ve had with my Kioti. I’ve avoided getting onto websites and Social Media, detailing the problems I’ve had. This needed to be told.

i bought my Kioti NX6010 brand new end of 2019. Bought plenty of accessories to go with it.

1. Inspect it when it arrives and find the one of the window latches doesn’t work. Speaker cover is cracked and host of other minor cosmetic issues. Didn’t show up with a replaceable blade on the bucket. The quick hitch draws too far up and subsequently cracks the rear fender. Dealer only replaced the window latch and speaker cover. I had to install those myself, otherwise I had to load it up myself and take it into them. An hour drive one way. Fender not covered. Thats the draft design and I have to “pay” attention.

Had the snowblower attachment. After several seasons, got rid of it. It was a major pain mounting the system to the frame each season. Snow blower worked great, but the design mounting system sucked. Had to fight to get pins aligned right. I got a snow pusher now. Little more work, but I can unlatch it if I need to use another attachment. Not so with the snowblower mount.

2. Starting issues. I know from reading numerous sites, that my series wasn’t the only one that had this problem. I got various responses from the dealer as to what Kioti was telling them to do to resolve the issue. The first one was, told me to disable the safety seat switch, which I thought was strange but ok. That didn’t work. Check relays. All work. Numerous times wanted me to jump the starter, which I was NOT comfortable doing multiple times. It should be used as a last resort to get into the shop only or safety. I even bought a new battery, just to see if that was the problem. Nothing. Disconnected the battery to reset the computer. Nothing.

First trip in, they replace a “safety module”. I was told that Kioti had a bad “batch” of these modules. Second trip in, another module and the computer for the tractor. Next trip in, software update to computer. Doesn’t work. Next trip in. Even though I didn’t get a notice for my serial number, they install a ground cable from the cab to the chassis. Doesn’t help. Called corporate and pitched a *****. Back in, supposedly another “module”.

As of now, it starts.

3. 2021: I snap off the PTO shaft, not removing the shaft for mower completely. My fault and I pay for it to be replaced.

4. 2022: Starting having front loader lift issues. Progressively got worse, especially when running for some time. Take the tractor in. Main hydraulic pump toast. Not covered under warranty. I was told that’s it’s not a main engine component. (Note: Asked about previous issue breaking PTO and if that had anything to do with the pump going out). Theres a filter before the pump, so no. Cost: $1,300.00

3. My reason for posting and signing up. I‘ve had it with corporate ineptitude, unprofessionalism and greed. So I’m gonna just gonna campaign against them. This has cost me my time, down time with not having the tractor available and not being reimbursed for the costs of taking it in myself. Yes, I could wait a week or two weeks for the dealer to come get it, but that keeps me at the back of line. I learned from the driver for the dealer that he had a multitude of tractors he had to pick up because so many were having issues.

Recently noticed a tail light out. Weird that it would go out this soon, but ok. I start to pull the lens cover off and it’s filled halfway with water. Ok, that’s why the light went out, but there’s no damage to the cover to cause it to crack. I check the other lens cover and it also has a crack, but no water. Also it’s not showing any damage. I call my dealer. My parts guy tells me that Kioti will only sell the complete tail light assembly, not just the lens cover by itself. The tail light works just fine. It’s not damaged. They want $91.53 plus shipping for the whole assembly. The lens cover is probably $5 by itself.

I call Corporate. The rep listens and tells me nothing can done. That’s how Kioti sells the part.

This tractor is paid off. I had already made plans to sell this off and buy Kubota. Just going to continue to set money aside and bandaid this thing. Without these problems, it’s a comfortable tractor. It has great features on it. I had almost all bells and whistles installed. The HST could be smoother, but it does the job.

I bought the Kioti on the advice of friends that have older versions and never experienced these problems. They convinced me to by the Kioti and not pay a premium buying Kubota. Seems Quality control is out the window at Kioti.

I have a Kubota Mini-Excavator and Kubota RTV. I have a better experience with these machines, parts, service and my Kubota dealer.

This is for anyone thinking about buying a Kioti. You might have a better experience with yours or for economic reasons, have to keep it. I’m not here attack anyone and what they do with their money. This all Kioti. I can figure out for myself, the endless reasons Kioti does this with their parts system. None of it benefits the consumer.

And I don’t want to get the Government involved. There’s enough stupid stuff on the tractor as it is. My feeling is has to be economic and awareness. That’s only time they pay attention.

My 2 cents…..

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #2  
Well; I would say,
one the cracked fender, you lifted an impliment into the fender, that's not Kioti's fault, and I wouldnt expect them to help with operator damage

two, the PTO shaft, not entirely clean on why it broke, but you paid, maybe a weak point?

three, they sent the minor replacement parts (latch, speaker) with the option for them to install if you brought it in, doesn't sound unreasonable, I wouldnt expect them to send a mobile mechanic, or transport it for cosmetic concerns

Four, the hydro pump; that's some BS; I would have thought that was covered, that's a major component at just 3 years in, and not a cheap one ($1300; for the pump and labor? are you sure the pump wasn't warrantied, and $1300 was just labor; that sounds cheap for pump and labor)

Five, the tail light, I think if you weren't already mad, this wouldnt have bothered you, but because you felt jaded, it got under your skin. Don't think anyone would cover a leaky tail light

Six, starting trouble, that would certainly pass me off, so I get that.

Just my general thoughts

Last edited:
   / Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #3  
If this wasn't your one and only post to come on this site and shts on Kioti, I would probably care more. But plenty of happy Kioti owners on here so if you want sympathy here, good luck.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti
Well; I would say,
one the cracked fender, you lifted an impliment into the fender, that's not Kioti's fault, and I wouldnt expect them to help with operator damage

two, the PTO shaft, not entirely clean on why it broke, but you paid, maybe a weak point?

three, they sent the minor replacement parts (latch, speaker) with the option for them to install if you brought it in, doesn't sound unreasonable, I wouldnt expect them to send a mobile mechanic, or transport it for cosmetic concerns

Four, the hydro pump; that's some BS; I would have thought that was covered, that's a major component at just 3 years in, and not a cheap one

Five, the tail light, I think if you weren't already mad, this would have bothered you, but because you felt jaded, it got under your skin. Don't think anyone would cover a leaky tail light

Six, starting trouble, that would certainly pass me off, so I get that.

Just my general thoughts
I paid for the fender. The Attachment shouldn’t collide or interfere with the tractor. It was sold by the Kioti dealer. I didn’t buy it aftermarket.

I’m willing to pay for a new lens cover, don’t get me wrong. It’s being forced to purchase a whole new light assembly, when there’s nothing wrong with it. We’ talking a difference of something that is $5-10 to $91+. The tractor is out of warranty anyway.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #6  
I paid for the fender. The Attachment shouldn’t collide or interfere with the tractor. It was sold by the Kioti dealer. I didn’t buy it aftermarket.

I’m willing to pay for a new lens cover, don’t get me wrong. It’s being forced to purchase a whole new light assembly, when there’s nothing wrong with it. We’ talking a difference of something that is $5-10 to $91+. The tractor is out of warranty anyway.
That's not really correct, I'm sure the tractor could fit any Cat1 (maybe it's Cat2) impliment, but that doesn't mean it can't make contact, or will work well. As much as we want to think of it being Legos, you can buy, and fit a 36" asphalt milling head to your tractors loader, and I can tell you, not only will it not work well, you will beat the machine to death with the vibration. It's on you to size the impliments to work with the machine. If you bought a angling rear grader blade, say 8 ft, and angled it into the tire, with an over sized blade, that Does fit the machine, that's still your fault.

I'm not arguing for or against you or Kioti; but if you take your money to Kubota, and buy an Mx5800, or whatever, and also tell them you want a 8 ft off set disc; they will sell you what you ask and pay for. Doesn't mean it will work

If this wasn't your one and only post to come on this site and shts on Kioti, I would probably care more. But plenty of happy Kioti owners on here so if you want sympathy here, good l
Not looking for sympathy at all. I could have bitched about this years ago, but this was the straw that broke. But when posts like this pop up, sooner or later, more will question Kioti. Just putting out there to those thinking about buying one. Kioti doesn't have the consumer's interest in mind when something breaks and its not the consumers fault. What I broke, I took responsibility and paid for it. As I stated in my original post, I'm not going to ridicule someone that spent their money on one. If they're happy with it, good for them.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #8  
Think of it like your Kubota Mini Hoe. Maybe (maybe not) you can't hit your own main boom cylinder or track with the Standard bucket; but you order a narrower, longer bucket, with teeth, and it probably will hit the track or main cylinder; that's not a design flaw, that's operator error.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #9  
BTW, I'm not trying to beat you up; and the mechanical issues shouldn't have happened; but you got to be realistic in the dealers responsible for what you do with the machine once you own it. Basically, they don't have any responsible for your damages once it hits your hands. JD/Kubuta/Case IH/Massey, all the same; and as much as people brag about Kubota/JD service, it's more about they availability of service than it is cost or covering warranty issues.

That's not really correct, I'm sure the tractor could fit any Cat1 (maybe it's Cat2) impliment, but that doesn't mean it can't make contact, or will work well. As much as we want to think of it being Legos, you can buy, and fit a 36" asphalt milling head to your tractors loader, and I can tell you, not only will it not work well, you will beat the machine to death with the vibration. It's on you to size the impliments to work with the machine. If you bought a angling rear grader blade, say 8 ft, and angled it into the tire, with an over sized blade, that Does fit the machine, that's still your fault.

I'm not arguing for or against you or Kioti; but if you take your money to Kubota, and buy an Mx5800, or whatever, and also tell them you want a 8 ft off set disc; they will sell you what you ask and pay for.

I'm 61. I've got plenty of experience on tractors, using attachments and such. This was serious clearance issue. It's fixed now and doesn't hit the fender anymore. Thats why I pointed it out. Thanks.