Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti
BTW, I'm not trying to beat you up; and the mechanical issues shouldn't have happened; but you got to be realistic in the dealers responsible for what you do with the machine once you own it. Basically, they don't have any responsible for your damages once it hits your hands. JD/Kubuta/Case IH/Massey, all the same; and as much as people brag about Kubota/JD service, it's more about they availability of service than it is cost or covering warranty issues.
My dealer is actually is fine. They always been responsive. It's Kioti that I have the problem with. Theres a lot the dealer doesn't get reimbursed for dealing with some stuff. The mechanics were tired of dealing with the electrical/starting issue. They opened up a lot about what was really going on. The only main disagreement I had with the dealer was the fender. I have zero issues with Kubota's service also. My Kioti dealer doesn't offer field service. Kubota does.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #12  
Not looking for sympathy at all. I could have bitched about this years ago, but this was the straw that broke. But when posts like this pop up, sooner or later, more will question Kioti. Just putting out there to those thinking about buying one. Kioti doesn't have the consumer's interest in mind when something breaks and its not the consumers fault. What I broke, I took responsibility and paid for it. As I stated in my original post, I'm not going to ridicule someone that spent their money on one. If they're happy with it, good for them.
Fair enough, though every tractor maker has a story like this eventually, even the pricey ones.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #13  
And that's what I mean by availability of service. In the equipment world, it's the same thing; Volvo makes some jam up machines; but it might take 10 days to get a part; Cat will have the part in 48 hrs. It's not that Cat is a better machine, but they have more available service and parts.

If down time costs actual money, for tractors; currently JD/Kubota/Massey/Case IH are a better bet than Kioti/LS/Mahindra, ect. It's not a dig on them; but network size, and being able to have a part ships from say the Nashville Kubota dealer across the country overnight during you 3 day bailing window.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #14  
My buddies 2 year old durange has led driving light on driver side burn out. Its sold as a complete light assembly. $1,800 plus install labor and isnt covered under warranty. I told him to disable other one and be done with it. He paid for new one.

just saying, 95 aint too much compared to his.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #15  
I'm missing the connection between the broken pto and the failed hydraulic pump.

Did some gear inside the transmission frag it's self, sending bits throughout? If so, there are bigger issues to follow.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #16  
You know, when I read sob stories like this one, I don't feel so bad about owning an "orphan" in the Hurlimann. There are no dealers or service centers within a days drive of where I live, and it just keeps working in spite of my screw ups. Don't get it wrong, stuff breaks, It's just that I seem to be able to fix the troubles. (including a broken front axle casting) ;-0

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #17  
You are not the only one who has had issues - issues that really should not be happening if their quality control processes were top notch.

Broken Valve due to bad head casting

After I got it back from warranty service for the bad head casting, it was leaking coolant from somewhere under the bottom of the rad.

It is currently back at the dealer (10days so far) and I get the sense that the dealer and Kioti are discussing who is going to pay for this new repair?
Was the rad broken during the last warranty service OR is it a new failure??

I like the tractor, but I do not want the Kioti dealer to be on speed dial. Seriously thinking about trading the unit for a Kubota now.

Attachments

• P1030634.JPG
    P1030634.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • P1030635.JPG
    P1030635.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
   / Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti
My buddies 2 year old durange has led driving light on driver side burn out. Its sold as a complete light assembly. $1,800 plus install labor and isnt covered under warranty. I told him to disable other one and be done with it. He paid for new one.

just saying, 95 aint too much compared to his.
That’s the problem, it’s acceptable to some and they count on it.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #19  
It's interesting to read these stories and think about my local Ford dealer. I've been dealing with them regularly for 17 years now. They earned my business when I had trouble with an out of warrantee truck. I had already addressed the first two sensors that popped up on my own and went to them in frustration. They originally quoted me anywhere from 1500 to 2500 because the issue was somewhere between 5 other sensors and the front and back of my truck, They ended up replacing a module and sistering up some new wiring along side the main harness for $900. I know from the amount of phone calls back and forth with the service manger that he had two different guys working to isolate the problems over the week they had the truck. They originally thought it was fixed after 3 days, but the trouble came back as I was pulling out. Back in the garage it went. I was patient with them and they rewarded me by showing some genuine concern for my cost. I've been going back since and that relationship is making it hard to get away from Ford for my next truck, even though they are the most expensive brand right now. Finding actual concern for the customers is like finding gold.

If you feel unsupported so soon after buying a new tractor it is unlikely to get better.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #20  
I’ve had it with the problems and experiences I’ve had with my Kioti. I’ve avoided getting onto websites and Social Media, detailing the problems I’ve had. This needed to be told.

i bought my Kioti NX6010 brand new end of 2019. Bought plenty of accessories to go with it.

1. Inspect it when it arrives and find the one of the window latches doesn’t work. Speaker cover is cracked and host of other minor cosmetic issues. Didn’t show up with a replaceable blade on the bucket. The quick hitch draws too far up and subsequently cracks the rear fender. Dealer only replaced the window latch and speaker cover. I had to install those myself, otherwise I had to load it up myself and take it into them. An hour drive one way. Fender not covered. Thats the draft design and I have to “pay” attention.

Had the snowblower attachment. After several seasons, got rid of it. It was a major pain mounting the system to the frame each season. Snow blower worked great, but the design mounting system sucked. Had to fight to get pins aligned right. I got a snow pusher now. Little more work, but I can unlatch it if I need to use another attachment. Not so with the snowblower mount.

2. Starting issues. I know from reading numerous sites, that my series wasn’t the only one that had this problem. I got various responses from the dealer as to what Kioti was telling them to do to resolve the issue. The first one was, told me to disable the safety seat switch, which I thought was strange but ok. That didn’t work. Check relays. All work. Numerous times wanted me to jump the starter, which I was NOT comfortable doing multiple times. It should be used as a last resort to get into the shop only or safety. I even bought a new battery, just to see if that was the problem. Nothing. Disconnected the battery to reset the computer. Nothing.

First trip in, they replace a “safety module”. I was told that Kioti had a bad “batch” of these modules. Second trip in, another module and the computer for the tractor. Next trip in, software update to computer. Doesn’t work. Next trip in. Even though I didn’t get a notice for my serial number, they install a ground cable from the cab to the chassis. Doesn’t help. Called corporate and pitched a *****. Back in, supposedly another “module”.

As of now, it starts.

3. 2021: I snap off the PTO shaft, not removing the shaft for mower completely. My fault and I pay for it to be replaced.

4. 2022: Starting having front loader lift issues. Progressively got worse, especially when running for some time. Take the tractor in. Main hydraulic pump toast. Not covered under warranty. I was told that’s it’s not a main engine component. (Note: Asked about previous issue breaking PTO and if that had anything to do with the pump going out). Theres a filter before the pump, so no. Cost: $1,300.00

3. My reason for posting and signing up. I‘ve had it with corporate ineptitude, unprofessionalism and greed. So I’m gonna just gonna campaign against them. This has cost me my time, down time with not having the tractor available and not being reimbursed for the costs of taking it in myself. Yes, I could wait a week or two weeks for the dealer to come get it, but that keeps me at the back of line. I learned from the driver for the dealer that he had a multitude of tractors he had to pick up because so many were having issues.

Recently noticed a tail light out. Weird that it would go out this soon, but ok. I start to pull the lens cover off and it’s filled halfway with water. Ok, that’s why the light went out, but there’s no damage to the cover to cause it to crack. I check the other lens cover and it also has a crack, but no water. Also it’s not showing any damage. I call my dealer. My parts guy tells me that Kioti will only sell the complete tail light assembly, not just the lens cover by itself. The tail light works just fine. It’s not damaged. They want $91.53 plus shipping for the whole assembly. The lens cover is probably $5 by itself.

I call Corporate. The rep listens and tells me nothing can done. That’s how Kioti sells the part.

This tractor is paid off. I had already made plans to sell this off and buy Kubota. Just going to continue to set money aside and bandaid this thing. Without these problems, it’s a comfortable tractor. It has great features on it. I had almost all bells and whistles installed. The HST could be smoother, but it does the job.

I bought the Kioti on the advice of friends that have older versions and never experienced these problems. They convinced me to by the Kioti and not pay a premium buying Kubota. Seems Quality control is out the window at Kioti.

I have a Kubota Mini-Excavator and Kubota RTV. I have a better experience with these machines, parts, service and my Kubota dealer.

This is for anyone thinking about buying a Kioti. You might have a better experience with yours or for economic reasons, have to keep it. I’m not here attack anyone and what they do with their money. This all Kioti. I can figure out for myself, the endless reasons Kioti does this with their parts system. None of it benefits the consumer.

And I don’t want to get the Government involved. There’s enough stupid stuff on the tractor as it is. My feeling is has to be economic and awareness. That’s only time they pay attention.

My 2 cents…..
Wahhhhhh