New Holland guys...

/ New Holland guys... #1  

Atypical_decorum

Silver Member
Tractor
Ultra-Wide B7500 & looking for a 100hp
I'm looking at a TN75 with super steer, a cab, and it's low profile. It's just under 1000 hours.

My questions are the following:
1. Does SS reduce reliability?
2. Is the engine taxed at 71hp being with small displacement and 3 cylinders?
3. Does this tractor have enough grunt to do things like pulling an 8ft grader blade up hill being only 3 cylinders?
4. Is the vibration issue real on these?
5. Is this tractor one of the good ones or a mediocre one?

I have no experience with NH except what I've heard here that it's a cheaper tractor and other neutral or not so good things...

/ New Holland guys... #2  
I'm looking at a TN75 with super steer, a cab, and it's low profile. It's just under 1000 hours.

3. Does this tractor have enough grunt to do things like pulling an 8ft grader blade up hill being only 3 cylinders?

I have no experience with NH except what I've heard here that it's a cheaper tractor and other neutral or not so good things...
I don’t own one, but one doesn’t need to to answer some of those questions.

1. It has to. There’s more moving parts, so there’s more to fail.
2. Depends on how robust the engine is. I see no reason a 3 cylinder can’t reliably make 71HP. 3 Litres isn’t really that small for that tractor. Iveco has been around a long time.
3. The “grunt” or power won’t be an issue. That will be a traction/weight issue. Proper tires and ballast and that should be a breeze for a 71HP tractor.
4. don’t know. A quick test drive should tell you.
5. don’t know. New Holland has built tractors for a long time.

/ New Holland guys... #3  
Looking at what you previously wrote about chores and terrain, I think I'd stick to a 4 cyl.

New Holland's Workmaster 75 has a 3.2L and the Powerstar 75, like I have, has a 3.4L 4 cyl.

Sometimes it's not a matter of if it will make the horsepower, but how much guts it has with the given weight of the tractor combined with what you do with it.

/ New Holland guys... #4  
I’ve got two NH tractors with SS. A 2006 tn95FA powered with 3.8L and a 2013 t4,105F powered with 4.5L . The F is their fruit/ orchard model which are both narrow and low. I’ve had no issues with the super steer system and it offers some great advantages for my use. It has a class leading turn radius, it greatly improves the ride quality because the axle is placed further forward increasing the wheelbase by 9-10”. The front suitcase weights are hung directly to the axle , this in combination with the limited slip front axle gives it amazing traction and pulling ability. Unbelievable the snow I can pull a 10k+ fertilizer spreader through. I’m not sure if you’re planning on a front loader but in my opinion I wouldn’t want one on a SS tractor. Because the whole axle pivots there is no horizontal trunion, axle is connected with a vertical upper and lower greaseable bearings placed about under front of engine. In my opinion not the best for heavy loader work.
In my opinion that 75 would have no issues pulling a 8’ blade. I’ve had no issues with vibration, never even heard of any.

Attachments

• 9AD3535E-8EBB-4A1D-A56D-95D9EC2D9163.jpeg
    9AD3535E-8EBB-4A1D-A56D-95D9EC2D9163.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 108
  • AD9D5B83-D449-4CD5-AE7A-93E9D31F9548.jpeg
    AD9D5B83-D449-4CD5-AE7A-93E9D31F9548.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
  • ABB320C5-4CD6-4C07-BD4F-335376058E50.jpeg
    ABB320C5-4CD6-4C07-BD4F-335376058E50.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 95
  • 8B1EAF6C-6F43-4DA5-9242-4976821704CF.jpeg
    8B1EAF6C-6F43-4DA5-9242-4976821704CF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
  • B6CBF91E-C212-45FA-93A9-29803FA7E505.jpeg
    B6CBF91E-C212-45FA-93A9-29803FA7E505.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 99
   / New Holland guys... #5  

New Holland makes a good tractor.
With 75 hp I would not consider an 8 foot blade I'd be at 9 or 10 minimum.
As far as pulling a blade uphill it will depend on what you are trying to do, gravel or snow.
It is always much easier to move material down hill.

/ New Holland guys... #6  
The Supersteer system is a very good, heavy duty system. It allows very short turnarounds, but it takes getting use to when used with a loader as the pivot point gives some different feedback.
The system is overbuilt, but needs to be greased as per the manual.

/ New Holland guys...
As far as pulling a blade uphill it will depend on what you are trying to do, gravel or snow.
I'd be digging trails with the blade edges. And I can't always head down hill unfortunately.

/ New Holland guys...
3 cylinder doesnt bog down like that?

/ New Holland guys...
I’ve got two NH tractors with SS. A 2006 tn95FA powered with 3.8L and a 2013 t4,105F powered with 4.5L . The F is their fruit/ orchard model which are both narrow and low. I’ve had no issues with the super steer system and it offers some great advantages for my use. It has a class leading turn radius, it greatly improves the ride quality because the axle is placed further forward increasing the wheelbase by 9-10”. The front suitcase weights are hung directly to the axle , this in combination with the limited slip front axle gives it amazing traction and pulling ability. Unbelievable the snow I can pull a 10k+ fertilizer spreader through. I’m not sure if you’re planning on a front loader but in my opinion I wouldn’t want one on a SS tractor. Because the whole axle pivots there is no horizontal trunion, axle is connected with a vertical upper and lower greaseable bearings placed about under front of engine. In my opinion not the best for heavy loader work.
In my opinion that 75 would have no issues pulling a 8’ blade. I’ve had no issues with vibration, never even heard of any.
Great post. The one I was looking at has a loader. And I do have a lot of loader work to do. And that was one of my concerns.

I figure they probably built the SS to withstand the demands of the loader two fold, but it still causes me some trepidation.

/ New Holland guys... #10  
I currently have 2 NH tractors. New Holland makes good tractors, with an excellent dealer and parts support. SS was used on many of the NH models for years without issues, especially the TC series. My WM75 has the FPT 3-cylinder engine rated at 74HP. 60HP PTO. The TN series has the Iveco 3-cylinder engine, which is a good engine. Weight will be the issue, not HP. You will spin the tires before it bogs down when the blade loads up.