Just arrived and hour meter is broken

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #81  
They should, it isn't that hard to start up a machine and let it run for an hour.
Perhaps. Why though? Do you know of a dealer, anywhere, that actually does that?

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #82  
This all has gone sideways...

"Paid for via loan from USAA." The financial institution might be interested that they loaned money on a false claim, affecting their asset... If dealer isn't helpful, it might be worth talking to your bank. No idea what the banks loan requirements were, or if hours where listed in the evaluation?

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken
Why would a dealer run a tractor long enough to notice that an hour meter doesn't work? Can't see any reason they'd run a machine like that for more than a half hour, max, probably considerably less.
Even at 30 minutes the 1/10 hour meter will move.

I'm surprised how many people think the dealer is absolved of responsibility for not checking the functionality of a very crucial component of a tractor. It is after all one of the main determinants of its resale value.

How is this any different then buying a car from carvana and finding out the mileage is off by possibly 100,000 miles or more? Has everyone been burnt so frequently, they've been come accustomed to it?

Why would they waste time and money running potentially hundreds of machines for 1 hour to verify the meter doesn’t work? Even if you verify it doesn’t what’s your next step? You still aren’t any closer to knowing it’s accurate count.
It doesn't need to run for an hour. There's 1/10hr marks.

And if you knew the hours weren't accurate, you could advertise the tractor truthfully and avoid liability.

I couldn’t tell you how many hours any of my multiple machines have to within one hour accuracy from memory. It would take me a long time to realize a meter isn’t working. I’d figure out a broke tack faster but all except one of my machines are electric meters.
Are you dealer??

I can tell you that my other tractor has 1,112 hours without looking. But it oesn't matter if you remember. YOU are end user.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #86  
Why would they waste time and money running potentially hundreds of machines for 1 hour to verify the meter doesn’t work? Even if you verify it doesn’t what’s your next step? You still aren’t any closer to knowing it’s accurate count.

Just throwing it out there; couldn't you just run it for 6-10 minutes to get the 1/10th of an hour added?

Both analogue and digital gauges tend to register that.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #88  
The thing that stands out to me the dealer neglected to inform me about was that the entire steering column is loose as is the steering wheel bushings. The column shift lever also is sloppy and hard to get into F or R with how much everything around it moves.
Not uncommon from people grabbing the wheel to pull themselves into the seat.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #89  
I'm surprised how many people think the dealer is absolved of responsibility for not checking the functionality of a very crucial component of a tractor. It is after all one of the main determinants of its resale value.

How is this any different then buying a car from carvana and finding out the mileage is off by possibly 100,000 miles or more? Has everyone been burnt so frequently, they've been come accustomed to it?
Don’t think anyone here is happy about your situation. Unfortunately I think you’re gonna find out the dealer is under 0 obligation to take the tractor back. Return shipping would be on you and how much would that bill be?

Don’t think anyone here is happy about your situation. Unfortunately I think you’re gonna find out the dealer is under 0 obligation to take the tractor back. Return shipping would be on you and how much would that bill be?
$1100 to get it here. I doubt it would be on me. Liability is squarely on their shoulders.