Junk weed Wacker.

/ Junk weed Wacker. #51  
What is the downside to running 40:1 when 50:1 is recommended?
Now this is just anedotal. But running 40:1 will have more oil for lube but changes the ratio to oil to gas therefore making the engine run leaner. The OEM companies will say not to run 40:1 in an item that calls for 50:1 because it will run leaner and hotter which can the cause engine failure. My take is if that little change in ratio causes problems, there was a problem to start with.

/ Junk weed Wacker. #52  
I have a Husqvarna 525LK with a polesaw and broom attachment. Never fails me, very sturdy built......but it is also a commercial use product.

/ Junk weed Wacker.
Speaking of junk weed wackers what do you do with them when you have an uncanny ability to keep them running for occasional use? Make something useful sort of. Works as expected for weed control under new Xmas trees the old garden hose cut, wrapped, and zip tied around an old cut up broken foldable lawn chair works as expected for a prototype, and protects the trees when careful spraying of round up isn't an option. Welds on the thin metal are an embarrassment to real welders though.

Attachments

• KIMG1961.JPG
    KIMG1961.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • KIMG1959.JPG
    KIMG1959.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
   / Junk weed Wacker. #54  
What the heck is that, lol. “Hey honey, look at what I came up with after my 11th beer“. 😂😜🤪

/ Junk weed Wacker.
Now this is just anedotal. But running 40:1 will have more oil for lube but changes the ratio to oil to gas therefore making the engine run leaner. The OEM companies will say not to run 40:1 in an item that calls for 50:1 because it will run leaner and hotter which can the cause engine failure. My take is if that little change in ratio causes problems, there was a problem to start with.
I disagree somewhat from that I remember buying a brand new carbureted snowmobile around 2004 I remember in the owners manual for break in first few tanks of gas it stated to add oil to the gas it also had oil injection. I do think by putting excessive amounts of oil in a two stroke you will have significant carbon build up in the engine which will eventually score the cylinders if built up to much. Getting back to a junk Weed Wacker that TB had a bog (dead spot) on the top-end of the power band sounding very similar to when I've blown other two strokes cause they were to lean. So I enriched the h speed screw by unscrewing it went away. Like I've stated previously I called the customer number on it before I screwed around with it was put on hold for almost hr, said f-it and tinkered away. As for the line completely unwinding the bump feeder was jammed. If it had a clutch to engage the shaft it may have been prevented or at minimum would have idled better instead of putting a load on the engine immediately at start up. Maybe I got a Friday special and it was a fluke, and I've got my moneys worth on other cheap box store brand equipment but was so sick of this one I brought it back the day I purchased after many failed attempts to use it and get it running somewhat reliably.

Last edited:
   / Junk weed Wacker.
What the heck is that, lol. “Hey honey, look at what I came up with after my 11th beer“. 😂😜🤪
I recommend wearing a tinfoil hat when operating lol

/ Junk weed Wacker. #57  
i run 40:1 in literally everything, no smoke no issue.

/ Junk weed Wacker. #60  
Probably be like the Chinese chain saws, good for a couple uses and then puke and you cannot get parts. I'll pass.