Side by Side or 4x4

/ Side by Side or 4x4 #171  
I stumbled on to this topic. Why is it that everything some of you buy must make money or earn its keep...??

Is it impossible for some people to have fun with their purchase..??

I have a Can Am Defender Limited 4 door....heat, a/c, enclosed cab....I have no intentions of using it for work.

My buddy & I pack a six pack when we feel like it and take a ride through the woods. I never purchased it to work....lol....I don't even work outside. It never even crossed my mind.

People need to relax an enjoy life much more than they have.
Well we make ZERO money with our machine. Who said otherwize? We use ours to get into the field and work on public trails.
6x6tows0924.jpg

/ Side by Side or 4x4 #176  
And he has a photo of a quad, not a side by side....lol.
Lol he has a 6x6, not a quad. Hohohohoho!!!

I'm not sure what web sites you frequented before this, but it is rather bad form for a newby to get snarky with a well respected Super Star member like Arly.

/ Side by Side or 4x4 #177  

I'm not sure what web sites you frequented before this, but it is rather bad form for a newby to get snarky with a well respected Super Star member like Arly.
So a six by six is comparable...? Please....you're reaching on that one.

The fact remains that people whine too much on what other people want. What does it matter if someone wants a jeep versus a side by side..? It is irrelevant if it serves their purpose.

I seen cost comparisons above, that is why I made my original comment....and also recommended your friend to look at the 17 posts above.

I'm certainly not trying to be a dick....people have a choice!

I enjoy my side by side immensely.

Last edited:
   / Side by Side or 4x4 #178  

Don't ever worry about me chief.....I can handle my own. Trust me.

/ Side by Side or 4x4 #179  
Maybe you don't know what you want because it sounds like your SxS works good for you. 🤠
I don't see how its "one of the dumbest purchases".
I've had it for five years and it has 900 miles on it. It does work well for me but it's not a good value since I can't drive it to town and pick up boards or dirt. I should have bought a little dump truck which is what I'm considering doing now. My RTV is very useful but not very practical. A little dump truck would have been cheaper and way more practical for what I need. I find many ways to use my RTV but I wouldn't miss it much if I had to do the same tasks with my FEL or a little dump trailer.

I have a $1000 camera that I bought some years ago. It takes awesome pictures but it's not nearly as versatile as my $300 iPhone which I would own even if I didn't have the camera.

You guys have almost convinced me to sell my RTV and get something that aligns better with my personal needs. I'm not sure Mrs. Woods will agree.

/ Side by Side or 4x4 #180  
I always place auto motive oil in my atvs because its slipperier, the trick is let your motor warm up and it will not slip. plus a clutch is alot cheaper than a full rebuild, plus more hp

Bet this is going to open a can of worms :)

Last edited: