Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #11  
In my view, none are over rated for capacity. It's the owner that overloads them by adding 'ballast' to the tractor, something I don't do.

It's the human factor at play and humans tend to push the boundaries of everything. Human nature I guess.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles
In my view, none are over rated for capacity. It's the owner that overloads them by adding 'ballast' to the tractor, something I don't do.

It's the human factor at play and humans tend to push the boundaries of everything. Human nature I guess.
Did you actually watch the video?

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #13  
Candidly, no, I don't need to watch video's. With me, it's all hands on experience. and what works and what don't.

You wrote:
Please explain as I want to make sure I understand you.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #15  
No explanation required far as I can see.

This intrigued me so much that I decided to reach out to Neil directly. He told me that he is going to make a follow up video. Out of respect for him, I will let him provide more explanation first before I give the CVF thought/opinion on it.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #17  
How many front axles ahve been broken on tractors by lifting something that exceeds the capacity?

It seems ridiculous the manufacturer would have a rated load on the front axle that is less than the weight added by maxing the FEL?

How many front axles ahve been broken on tractors by lifting something that exceeds the capacity?

It seems ridiculous the manufacturer would have a rated load on the front axle that is less than the weight added by maxing the FEL?
My thoughts exactly.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #19  

The video shares that the front axle capacities are way under the load if you are at capacity on the FEL. These are manufacturer specs. Front axle capacity 1600 lbs, load on front axle with FEL at max capacity was 2000lbs.

Granted these are sub compacts...I wonder what larger tractors would show?

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #20  
The video shares that the front axle capacities are way under the load if you are at capacity on the FEL. These are manufacturer specs. Front axle capacity 1600 lbs, load on front axle with FEL at max capacity was 2000lbs.

Granted these are sub compacts...I wonder what larger tractors would show?
That info does show up on industrial TLBs - even on tractordata but not so much for farm tractors or CUTs

SAE J43... is for wheel loaders and TLBs

Sae J43-2003 | PDF | Loader (Equipment) | Tractor

a highlight of some requirements when testing

The FEL IS mounted along with the heaviest recommended bucket
approved Rear counter weight- using the minimum recommended weight.

here is a Ford 555

Max front axle 10,000 lbs
4536 kg
8,970 lbs (SAE J43)
4068 kg
Max rear axle 12,600 lbs
5715 kg
12,550 lbs (SAE J43)
5692 kg

Seems like there should be a similar standard for smaller machines but have not seen it If I was a manufacturer would error on the side of caution for multiple reasons- which is what it looks like from Neil's reporting

Last edited: