Bad Day for Pole Barn

/ Bad Day for Pole Barn #31  
Sorry about the damage. You work much like I do.

We had our education and grief with mild tornado damage to trees and buildings.

Agree the little DeWalt 20V polesaw sure made the cleanup much easier for us. Surprised it lasted thru that job. Trees and limbs still falling 3 years later.

Structural repairs are time consuming. Hope the worst is behind you. Having a little neighbor’s help goes a long ways.

/ Bad Day for Pole Barn #32  
That’s my luck every time I notice something that needs to be done but avoid actually doing anything about it.

Looks like you got away pretty good. Not as good as it falling a different direction but could Have been worse.

/ Bad Day for Pole Barn #34  
I'd cut it near the stump and let it roll off. I've done it many times. Highly doubtful it will do anymore damage.

I agree, I wouldn't touch it until an adjuster looks at it. If they want to pay for a tree service, I'd let them. I'm sure they work with one. Tree services do emergency jobs like that all the time on short notice.

Last edited:
   / Bad Day for Pole Barn #35  
No. My Brother ignored a rat problem. So bad they migrated 1/4 mile to the neighbor's farm. My Brother got adjusted by the neighbor and took care of the problem....

What does "got adjusted by the neighbor" mean?

/ Bad Day for Pole Barn #36  
What does "got adjusted by the neighbor" mean?
Neighbor had the same contact with my Brother that you would have with your rat infested neighbor.

/ Bad Day for Pole Barn
I'm not sure if my neighbor even knows this happened since he can't see it from his house. We get along great so I wouldn't bother him but I probably will kid him about his trespassing tree next time I see him. When it's over I think I will be out a few hundred dollars and a days work.

/ Bad Day for Pole Barn #38  
I'm not sure if my neighbor even knows this happened since he can't see it from his house. We get along great so I wouldn't bother him but I probably will kid him about his trespassing tree next time I see him. When it's over I think I will be out a few hundred dollars and a days work.
Good attitude Kenny. Makes you a great neighbor. Karma. :cool:

/ Bad Day for Pole Barn #39  
Neighbor had the same contact with my Brother that you would have with your rat infested neighbor.

So friendly chat talking about rats? How did the neighbor know where the rats came from?

/ Bad Day for Pole Barn #40  
So friendly chat talking about rats? How did the neighbor know where the rats came from?
That's how you would handle it, "friendly chat about rats"? For some reason I doubt that.

Rats are colony critters. There aren't individual rats just roaming around the countryside looking for a place to live.

They only spread because of over population within the colony. My Brother was the only neighbor close. And my Brother's property was rat infested. Pretty simple.