Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,861  
Here is a picture of a couple of tools for the wood stove that I made. Pretty easy to make.

IMG_1518.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #162,862  
, we don't drive it as we haven't been brave enough to deal with motor vehicles to get a vehicle that she inherited from out of state registered. I have never lived in a state that was such a hassle to get anything done as the mess they have here in VA.
Seems real easy to me...I do it all online.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,865  
Seems real easy to me...I do it all online.
You can't do it online when you have just moved to the state and you need new license and registration. Add in the fact that one vehicle is an inherited vehicle from NM, there is nothing simple about it. The hoops they make a divorced woman go thru to get her license are just impossible. After her divorce, Liz had no issues getting a license in NC or NM or ME, but VA just seems to be asking for more and more and more paperwork.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,866  
You can't do it online when you have just moved to the state and you need new license and registration. Add in the fact that one vehicle is an inherited vehicle from NM, there is nothing simple about it. The hoops they make a divorced woman go thru to get her license are just impossible. After her divorce, Liz had no issues getting a license in NC or NM or ME, but VA just seems to be asking for more and more and more paperwork.
That does sound complicated. Virginia toughened up some of its driver's license requirements after the 911 terrorists got there IDs here.

If you haven't checked the DMV online, there are many things you can do online, with you-tube videos for some to explain, or if you need to go into an office, you can make an online appointment. That at least saves some standing-in-line time.

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/#/

/ Good morning!!!! #162,867  
how can these folks be so dumb?
I got out of there after 6 weeks, at 7k a month totally out of my pocket, and went to live in my little motorhome until I finished chemo. Farm had just sold. Thank goodness I had kept the motorhome, asked family not to sell it. Like they did my truck.
My family thought I was nuts, but I overrode them and so happy I did. That assisted living place was just awful, plus six weeks of seeing not one friend or family.
No one could enter. I saw my oldest brother through a window. What a terrible time that was. Not much can rattle me any more after that.
what doesn't kill you makes you tougher. For real.

..sigh.
Wife went to nursing home when she broke her ankle and had a bad knee on the other leg. That was a terrible experience. They wanted to drug her all the time. That is what is done to keep patients compliant. She insisted not to do this to keep her mind clear. Treatment was awful. I was on it like a problem contractor to deal with from my past work experience. Wrote legal sounding letters about treatment and hand delivered to manager of facility who would not meet with me. Said I will wait outside office and I did all day until I got the meeting. This repeated several times
The pattern is to use up medicare allowance for stay and then get the stay continued on a pay basis and take over property and assets if needed. In our case she was kicked out. We were problems in the making for them. For anyone looking for nursing homes look for a Not for profit one and examine carefully the ratio of staff to number of beds. Many more stories about this

/ Good morning!!!! #162,868  
That does sound complicated. Virginia toughened up some of its driver's license requirements after the 911 terrorists got there IDs here.

If you haven't checked the DMV online, there are many things you can do online, with you-tube videos for some to explain, or if you need to go into an office, you can make an online appointment. That at least saves some standing-in-line time.

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/#/
I have an old Fruehauf trailer that I brought up from Texas years ago and I can not get plates for it here in Md because I can not get proof of registration from Texas DMV. It was under the limit to require a title at the time so no record there and the online search and inquiry has not been helpful other than too old to find. It is a nice trailer and stored inside so in good condition

Maybe some of you'alls from Texas can give advice

/ Good morning!!!! #162,869  
I have an old Fruehauf trailer that I brought up from Texas years ago and I can not get plates for it here in Md because I can not get proof of registration from Texas DMV. It was under the limit to require a title at the time so no record there and the online search and inquiry has not been helpful other than too old to find. It is a nice trailer and stored inside so in good condition

Maybe some of you'alls from Texas can give advice
I've read several accounts of people registering their vehicle in Vermont even though they don't live in Vermont. Then they take it to their local DMV and get it registered in their own state. I think VT will issue a title as well.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,870  
I've read several accounts of people registering their vehicle in Vermont even though they don't live in Vermont. Then they take it to their local DMV and get it registered in their own state. I think VT will issue a title as well.
I have a larger trailer registered in Vermont so familiar with that but to get it registered it requires the following which I don't have:
Original or certified copy of the last registration certificate and all bills of sale thereafter. Bill of Sale must contain sufficient information to identify the vehicle including Make, Year, VIN, Purchase Price, Mileage, Signature of Seller, and Date of Sale.

A copy of the last registration certificate showing my name will avoid having the bill of sale also.
That is what I am stuck on

Last edited: