I got an early Christmas present

/ I got an early Christmas present #21  
Very sorry to see this. We lost a newly built hog barn full of sows and piglets when I was a kid. It was the only time I saw my dad tear up besides when his mother died.

/ I got an early Christmas present #23  
Sorry to hear this, glad no one was hurt. I know two people that had a similar experience. One had it go relatively smooth, the other had to fight the insurance company.

/ I got an early Christmas present #24  
Dang, that sucks. I feel for you.

I thought my week was going bad for an underground natural gas line leak for a rental property I own. The renter smokes outside and could not smell the gas, it was the mailman that called the cops to notify the energy compnay. I'm glad he didn't blow himself up.

However, your loss is much worse and more significant. I would have a wide range of emotions if my shop/barn ever went up.

/ I got an early Christmas present #25  
Oh man….that sucks. I keep saying im going to catalog all the stuff in my shop. Never do. I need to get off but snd do it

/ I got an early Christmas present #26  
I am so sorry. What a terrible thing to happen.

The first time I cataloged my equipment and tools was when there was a big forest fire a few miles away heading our direction. I've done it a few times since then in a less hurried fashion.

/ I got an early Christmas present #27  
Dang :eek: hope the road to recovery swift.

/ I got an early Christmas present #28  
So sorry for your loss. I'm certain this was an invaluable collection of tools and goods.
Use the cell phone video to record everything in your home and your shop for before times like these.

/ I got an early Christmas present #29  
Yeah I've been waiting for 4 days for them to come out. There is no way I could remember all the stuff that was in there all I can do is shift through the remains to find the pieces. I have found some stuff but I'm afraid to go in too deep before the adjuster does come out. All I can say is there was 60 years of collecting tools, parts and old wall hanging stuff. My machine shop, machines, tooling and everything in there was destroyed. The bad part is that all reciepts I had went up in smoke along with the rest of the stuff.
Oh man...I'm so sorry. That's horrible on many levels, sentimental things, all your stuff. Years ago I got really good advice from an agent (rip Ken...a great guy) who said everyone should go around their home & garage taking pictures. Otherwise you can't remember everything.

/ I got an early Christmas present #30  
Heck, I've done tree work, pipe fitter, welder, jack leged machinist, a rigger, done electrical work, a boat and car mechanic, done AC work and probably a few other things in my lifetime and when I needed a tool I went out and bought it. My shop was loaded with tools and equipment that a lot of mechanical companies don't have on hand. I can look in one small corner and see $10,000 in tools of one kind or another. I had more than $20,000 in powder coat equipment not to mention the tooling for my lathe, mill, and drill machine. I don't know how all this is going to shake out but I guess I'll soon find out. Now I don't even have a screwdriver or a pipe wrench to work on my mud filled well that ran for about 7 1/2 hours when the water line burned off at the shop and was pumping water all that till the fire crew finally saw the leak and came up to tell me to cut off the water line.
Wow...that's hard to take just reading. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking.
I certainly hope you had enough insurance coverage and hope things can be replaced.
In my case it turned out OK, insurance company replaced part of barn roof that collapsed and replaced a shed with a larger better one and covered contents.
Neighbors lost their homes & garages last Spring, a freak tornado came through a mile away. They lived in trailers & tents for a while but things built back even better now.
Praying everything goes OK for you.