What Happened To This Member?

/ What Happened To This Member? #11  
I would have liked to meet him although we were total opposites politically. We were both in the construction trades and seemed to be right inline in all the other interests. Not to long ago he came to mind I think for one of our last (batwing) discussions. I hope he's doing well as him selling off to live in a subdivision, no matter how upscale... I didn't take as a good sign. At least it wouldn't be for me. It would have meant that I was setting up my wife to be without me.
Maybe it's just me but as nerdy as it is, you can have internet friends.
We were the same age within a month or so and a pm from him would be welcome.

/ What Happened To This Member? #12  
I would have liked to meet him although we were total opposites politically.
I've met a handful of members personally, even had one stay at our place on their way back up from Florida to Mass. Can't say I ever met someone I didn't think I could become "real" friends with (kind of interesting explaining to the wife who was going to be staying with us LOL).

I've said this before, given the data, I honestly believe more people here have more in common with each other than any other forum out there. Let's see... Work hard, have a value system, love the outdoors and working on your property, throw in guns and other hobbies and you have a pretty good "culture". I'd like to think that it's impossible for everyone to think alike and agree on everything, particularly a internet forum. Personally, I'd be scared if God made everyone think exactly alike.

I came to this forum looking for tractor advice originally. Ironically enough, never bought a tractor, but I did buy my Kubota F mower from a member here from another state, took a drive to his place with my kids, and my kids particularly had a great time. The picture he gave my kids still hangs on our wall to this day.

I still remember the time I helped my inlaws move from Vermont to NC where I flew up, took their car and drove their two dogs down to NC. I can honestly say the highlight of that trip was meeting Mr. Roy Jackson😁 (and that's no BS).

That trip seems so long ago. FIL passed away last year and those two dogs (who we originally adopted out to them when we worked with the humane society in NC) are now living with us due to my MIL's COPD and allergies.

Last edited:
   / What Happened To This Member? #13  
I've met a handful of members personally, even had one stay at our place on their way back up from Florida to Mass. Can't say I ever met someone I didn't think I could become "real" friends with.

I've said this before, given the data, I honestly believe more people here have more in common with each other than any other forum out there. Let's see... Work hard, have a value system, love the outdoors and working on your property, throw in guns and other hobbies and you have a pretty good "culture". I'd like to think that it's impossible for everyone to think alike and agree on everything, particularly a internet forum.

I came to this forum looking for tractor advice originally. Ironically enough, never bought a tractor, but I did buy my Kubota F mower from a member here from another state, took a drive to his place with my kid, and my kids particularly had a great time. The picture he gave my kids still hangs on our wall to this day.

I still remember the time I helped my inlaws move from Vermont to NC where I flew up, took their car and drove their two dogs down to NC. I can honestly say the highlight of that trip was meeting Mr. Roy Jackson😁

Trip seems so long ago. FIL passed away last year and those two dogs (who we originally adopted out to them when we worked with the humane society in NC) are now living with us due to my MIL COPD and allergies.

:):):):):)
And it was a pleasure meeting Joe (aka Sigarms). We had a nice lunch and shot the breeze for a couple hours

/ What Happened To This Member? #14  
I'll check the milk cartons next time I'm at the grocery store. Most of ours have missing policemen, but I'll check.

/ What Happened To This Member?
I've met a handful of members personally, even had one stay at our place on their way back up from Florida to Mass. Can't say I ever met someone I didn't think I could become "real" friends with (kind of interesting explaining to the wife who was going to be staying with us LOL).
That really surprises me. I never thought it got that close and personal with people you met on an internet forum. But it leaves a smile on my face to know that such things do happen.
I've said this before, given the data, I honestly believe more people here have more in common with each other than any other forum out there. Let's see... Work hard, have a value system, love the outdoors and working on your property, throw in guns and other hobbies and you have a pretty good "culture".
TBN is a special place. I also came here originally looking for information about tractors and flail mowers and after almost 3 years here I can say it is home for me. I have tried other forums and FB groups but none of them are like TBN. I attribute this not only to the culture but also to the way the site is designed and the way it works. I have looked at other forums for other things out there and none of them are as easy to use and user friendly as this site is. I think Mohammad and his developers did a great job with how they put it together.
I can honestly say the highlight of that trip was meeting Mr. Roy Jackson😁 (and that's no BS).
Roy if you ever make your way down to my neck of the woods I have a gentleman I would like you to meet. He is your twin brother you never knew you had.

/ What Happened To This Member? #16  
Roy if you ever make your way down to my neck of the woods I have a gentleman I would like you to meet. He is your twin brother you never knew you had.
You mean he's illegitimate too???
🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪

/ What Happened To This Member? #18  
That really surprises me. I never thought it got that close and personal with people you met on an internet forum. But it leaves a smile on my face to know that such things do happen.
Not certain if they still do it, but it seems that Texas use to have a lot of "TBN" gatherings. I believe a lot of people in Texas has met fellow TBNer's from some of the shin digs they had.

/ What Happened To This Member? #19  
Not certain if they still do it, but it seems that Texas use to have a lot of "TBN" gatherings. I believe a lot of people in Texas has met fellow TBNer's from some of the shin digs they had.

I did some of the Texas get togethers. They were great gatherings. I still see many of the members here on TBN. Some have moved onto other forums.