New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining
No, I had an expensive year. Of course I’m referring to expenses that were 2-3 times my previous worst year of expenses. Separately, I had acquired more farmland and more customers, plus was able to do more work by replacing slow, small equipment with faster equipment that can handle more work load. Was able to reduce the amount of man hour help I needed and replaced it with mechanization, too.

Point is, I am agreeing with Eddie Walker’s point that you have to get out of your comforts zone and take some risks, or nothing changes.

Lots more expenses, but more gross income.
I think you make a valid point Hay Dude but I just want to point out that you are in a different league around here than most of these folks including myself. You purchase tractors for your business which is a tax write off. Those tractors and mowers make you money and from what I gather from some of your comments around here, a lot of money. Tractors and mowers for most of us is just a huge expense. We don't make any money from this stuff. Sure it's fun and useful and nice to have but it doesn't make us any money. At best it saves us money but that's about it.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #62  
It was always going to decline - the "outdoors bubble" is over. Folks who escaped the cities during Covid, playing homesteader, are moving back due to jobs. We know a couple who did this, and moved back because they missed going out to restaurants. No different than any other fad.

Soon, very soon, these manufacturers will catch up with the temporary demand (see post about loaders above) and then be forced to curtail production in order to maintain margins.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #63  
Green Acres isn't the place to be when the wife wants Park Avenue...

My observation is air travel often in the mix regarding healthy people and COVID...

Often it is one spouse seeking the rural life and the other becoming unhappy...

It's a wonderful when both on the same page and owning a working tractor of any kind is a transition milestone...

It can make mundane homestead chores fun...and your efforts magnified...

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #64  
I heard many who grew up watching Mr Haney went on to run tractor sales departments.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #65  
Quite a huckster in a lovable way that Mr Haney... always ready to turn a buck and delivered what's promised but not what you thought you were getting...

I can sell you the "Works" for the bargain price on special today only of this fine household vacuum.

Once you buy the works you learn the case, cord and attachments are extra!!!

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #66  
Can't you order something you want? Just over one year ago, we ordered a atv since it were a limited production thing. We received it in August and the dealership said it was on the only one they'll see.
Could but waiting the next few months for a better deal, and saving up a bit more $$ will put me in a better position to negotiate. I also need to try to fix my 318 to trade that in too.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #67  
I'm surprised that no one mentions I-Bonds as a hedge against inflation. They are currently paying 9.6% and I'm guessing that will increase next month due to inflation.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #68  
Literally in the last month all 5 or 6 of the tractor dealers i pass on my way to my farm have filled their empty lots with tractors, I hope prices come down , I am all for making a buck but these guys and atv- utv dealers are ripping people off, I looked at an utv today that was 10k a yr ago now its 18,

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #69  
Limitations on I Bonds are you can only buy up to $10,000 worth in a calendar year. Yes, nice at almost 10% but you can't buy enough.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #70  
Literally in the last month all 5 or 6 of the tractor dealers i pass on my way to my farm have filled their empty lots with tractors, I hope prices come down , I am all for making a buck but these guys and atv- utv dealers are ripping people off, I looked at an utv today that was 10k a yr ago now its 18,
When you factor in inflation and the lessening value of the dollar, prices really aren't increasing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.