grease gun

/ grease gun #21  
For around $229 you can get the Dewalt 20v grease gun. Believe me, once you use one, you'll wonder why you didn't buy it sooner.View attachment 753335
I got one bundled with a 1/2" Impact Gun, 5AH battery and charger for $349.00 last year at Tractor Supply. I had been watching for deals on the grease gun and caught this one.

/ grease gun #22  
I got one bundled with a 1/2" Impact Gun, 5AH battery and charger for $349.00 last year at Tractor Supply. I had been watching for deals on the grease gun and caught this one.
Interesting. Looks just like the HF model, right down to the grip. I see it states on the tool, 'Made in USA'. That made in USA statement has become blurred a lot in recent times. Probably more like partially assembled in USA from parts sourced worldwide. Just bought the HF model for under 100 bucks 3 days ago. Not sure if I'll keep it. It's heavy without any grease in the tube. Comes with a shoulder strap however. Like I said, physically the HF edition and the DeWalt edition could be brothers.

/ grease gun #23  
... Like I said, physically the HF edition and the DeWalt edition could be brothers.
Maybe from another mother? 😁

Last edited:
   / grease gun #24  
Don't know and don't care. Just making an observation. I gave up on DeWalt cordless tools a while ago. Expensive to buy and the batteries poop out and they are also expensive to buy. Gave my last DeWalt hammer drill away last year, was in the process of expiring anyway.

I can buy 3 HF Bauer tools for the cost of one DeWalt so it makes no financial sense to pay 3 times the price. Being retired and on a fairly fixed income, purchasing stuff that is overpriced becomes an issue. DeWalt and others are over priced IMO.

If one of my Bauer tools expire I can landfill it without remorse and go buy another and still be farther ahead and I don't much care what the country of origin is, so long as the are one, inexpensive and two work.

/ grease gun #25  
My dewalt cordless set is over 10 years old, and still working, although on new set of batteries. They get worked hard and put away wet. I wouldnt purchase a HF tool if they were 1 cent. Cause they arnt worth a penny. I made a living with my power tools, and they had to work when needed.

/ grease gun #26  
Maybe the newer Dewalts have gone downhill in quality.
like grsthegreat my well over 10year old driver and drill have held up well. The Original batteries are down to short lives though.I recently added a hedge trimmer and then a blower both with the new batteries, so now the drill and driver will probably 💩 out.

Mike

/ grease gun #27  
My dewalt cordless set is over 10 years old, and still working, although on new set of batteries. They get worked hard and put away wet. I wouldnt purchase a HF tool if they were 1 cent. Cause they arnt worth a penny. I made a living with my power tools, and they had to work when needed.
I also have had great service from my old DeWalt 18v set, other than the batteries which is the same problem with all NiCads. I still have them but have added a pretty good set of 20v DeWalt tools, so I will likely sell the old ones or keep for jobs where people often use tools "like they borrowed them". I have the adapter that lets me use my Lithium Ion batteries with them.

I have never had to landfill a DeWalt cordless tool. I did buy a set of brushes for the 18v Hammer Drill for about $20.00 but I had used that tool heavily for nearly 20 years.

I do buy Bauer tools for one-off jobs that I am unlikely to have to do again or not do very frequently. The Rotary Hammer and Jig Saw that I bought have been very good tools, and I recently purchased a couple of Bauer laser levels that I have been very happy with.

/ grease gun #28  
Interesting. Looks just like the HF model, right down to the grip. I see it states on the tool, 'Made in USA'. That made in USA statement has become blurred a lot in recent times. Probably more like partially assembled in USA from parts sourced worldwide. Just bought the HF model for under 100 bucks 3 days ago. Not sure if I'll keep it. It's heavy without any grease in the tube. Comes with a shoulder strap however. Like I said, physically the HF edition and the DeWalt edition could be brothers.
Do they take the same batteries?
Don't know and don't care. Just making an observation. I gave up on DeWalt cordless tools a while ago. Expensive to buy and the batteries poop out and they are also expensive to buy. Gave my last DeWalt hammer drill away last year, was in the process of expiring anyway.
<snip>
Since I've got 4 houses, 5 workshops spread about in two states tool portability and reliability have been important to me. I've about 3K worth (based on retail price as of 2019) of DeWalt 20V tools and batteries purchased since ~ 2011, and a few Flexvolts. I've had maybe 5 DeWalt batteries "die" on me. All were older than 5 years. Have not had a tool die yet.
Have yet to spring for their grease gun because it seems modern cars have few zerks.

/ grease gun #30  
Why Dewalt? If someone is already invested in batteries from say Milwaukee, Ryobi, Kobalt, or any other manufacturer that offers a cordless grease gun, why not go with them.

I'm heavily invested in Rigid 18V and Milwaukee 12V so I went with a set of Milwaukee 12 volt greasers and they work just fine.

Dewalt is what I have. I’m not going to recommend something I’ve never used. I have ridgid tools aswell. I went with Dewalt over ridgid cuse I think Dewalt makes a better product imo.

You can buy adapters to get other brand batteries to work with other tools. Not something I’d mess with like on a drill but for a grease gun I’d do that.