grease gun

/ grease gun #31  
O(f course they don't but you know that. The one item that separates all of them is that each have a unique battery mount. I roasted 2 DeWalts by the way.
Maybe I should rephrase that. I roasted one to the point of no return and the other is breathing fire presently.

/ grease gun #32  
Dewalt is what I have. I’m not going to recommend something I’ve never used. I have ridgid tools aswell. I went with Dewalt over ridgid cuse I think Dewalt makes a better product imo.
Well, I'm certainly not going to get into a debate about who makes a better cordless tool. If the tool does the job and keeps doing the job, you have a winner.

I went with Ridgid for one reason, the lifetime service agreement through Home Depot. I've had a lot of battery issues with cordless tools, going back to the 90s with Dewalt nicads to Ryobi lithium. I just could keep a battery for much longer than a year.

I bought my first Ridgid set in 2012 and I am still using the batteries that came with that toolset. So far, the Milwaukee batteries haven't failed with the oldest battery in its 4th year.

May my luck with the current crop of batteries last.

/ grease gun #33  
That grease pump can't have air pockets just like other grease guns.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bycm2aoSl6A The easy prime the video says it will pump out air.
Why my 150 pound open head ARO grease pump has a weighted follower plate sitting on top of the grease, it eliminates air entrapment.

No way will you ever remove all the air from a cartridge load grease gun. You can get most of it out with the air bleeder most cartridge guns have, but not all. I find the LNL claim to be misleading and their gun is way overpriced too, but then it does come with their LNL coupler (that I don't use) anyway.

Because I bulk load my lever grease guns from my air greaser, I never get any air in them. It's all grease so trapped air is never an issue and because all my lever guns have polycarbonate clear barrels, I can see how much grease is in them at all times.

/ grease gun #34  
The LocknLube tips are very nice when they fit but there are way way to many places where they simply don’t fit.
As far as batteries it’s crazy that every manufacturer makes the batteries mount different.

/ grease gun #35  
I will never buy another grease gun with a plunger nor should you. I do have several LocknLube tips which are overpriced and yet I would not do without them. Keep in mind I m one of the low-volume users with no need for central grease gun machines or electric powered ones.

I did buy one of the German made cartridge type guns (Air-tec) I thought was hideously expensive for my own birthday in 2020. I love it. The price (high as it is) was around $65 but the cartridges are high as heck and were only available from overseas. I hope that is changing.

I have been predicting for > 5 years that the German-invented screw in cartridge no-plunger design will take the US market -- only a question of when.

This thread begs several questions:
1) Are the cartridge's compatible with the German made units?
2) Is this gun just a US made-under-license one from the Euro source?
3) How much are the cartridges and how available? Where?
4) Have they shown up in stores yet ?

/ grease gun #36  
Anyone have this gun LockNLube Easy-Prime Grease Gun.The only complaint I have seen is the price.
I recently bought a Lincoln pistol-type from Gemplers for under $45. I also got one of the LockNLube couplers for those hard to reach areas. I haven't used it yet, but it will fit my needs.

/ grease gun #37  
I have a Lincoln Pistol Grip gun with LocknLube coupler which I bought separately. The coupler works well where you have room to use it, that's not always the case. I grease my mower deck spindles without removing the deck. I don't have enough clearance above the center spindle to use the LocknLube coupler. I also have a problem using it on another zerk on the steering column. It's kind of pain to have to keep trading couplers while doing a grease job. So I usually just leave the conventional coupler on and hold it in place. I like the pistol grip gun over the lever operated gun.

/ grease gun #38  
How timely!

I have a couple Lucas brand grease guns (I have no idea who makes them) and while they look well made, they suck. The plungers leak grease, so the grease builds up behind the plunger and limits its travel when reloading. The lock lever won't engage half the time, they often gets airbound with half a tube and invariably I loose a full tube of grease every time I use them.

After launching a full tube of grease due to the slipped lock lever while reloading, I threw it out this weekend. Actually the events happened like this:
- Launched grease into a puddle on hot driveway
- Slipped in grease I didn't see while trying to clean up puddle
- Fell on a$$
- Threw grease gun tube on ground, wiped myself off
- Ran over grease gun tube with tractor
- Didn't do enough damage with tires, so I smashed it with the loader bucket.
- Finally felt avenged and ordered a Lincoln pistol grip on Amazon.

/ grease gun #39  
Check out Garage Sales and Flea Markets. You can buy new ends for under $15. No more battery powered tools for me.

/ grease gun #40  
I have found that Amazon is not always the cheapest pricing available. Walmart (link below, although currently out of stock), Target, and even eBay sometimes beats out Amazon since the pandemic started. Seems there is a lot of price gouging going on there by independent vendors that sell on amazon.
However, Amazon is where I go first to check on the price for a particular item. If it's reasonable and in stock, I buy. If the price is too high, I look around and in most cases, I'll find the same item cheaper and in stock elsewhere, although it may take a lot of googling to find it.