Joined the red club!

/ Joined the red club! #41  
Nice new machine! Congratulations!

/ Joined the red club! #42  
terrific, way to go

/ Joined the red club! #43  
Congratulations on the tractor. Look very nice. And looks like it came at the right time. Have fun, be careful.

/ Joined the red club!
The correct size rear tires finally came in so I ran down to the Mennonite tractor shop and helped them switch the tires out and fill all 4 with rim guard. If these save chaining up for the winter, they will be worth every penny.
IMG_20220610_135910029_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220610_135926014_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220610_140002295_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220610_140009794.jpg

/ Joined the red club! #45  
Are those what's called "R14?"

/ Joined the red club! #46  
Nice looking tires. I like them. The picture showing the size also says R-4, They don't look like R4.

/ Joined the red club! #47  
Sweet tractor, looks the same as my 1742. Just the right size for 90 % of the work at hand.

/ Joined the red club!
Are those what's called "R14?"
Not exactly, but they are a hybrid design tire also. I now realize I forgot to specify that these are Alliance 550 tires made by Yokomaha. They are a radial tractor tire marketed towards municipal equipment or farm equipment that travels frequently on roads but still needs to handle heavy loads and have good traction off road. They are rated up to 40mph and 10,220lbs load at 64psi on the rears.

In my opinion, these or bkt ridemax 696 should be the "standard" option on compact tractors instead of r4's.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Joined the red club!
Nice looking tires. I like them. The picture showing the size also says R-4, They don't look like R4.
They're definitely not a normal r4, maybe the sidewall says it because these 2 particular sizes are a common r4 replacement size?

Here's what the Yokomaha site says about these Alliance 550's:

"550 MULTIUSE pattern is used in agricultural applications because of its versatile tread design. Specific block tread design enables high performances on snow-covered as well as on sandy terrains. Basic directional lug design, divided by separated blocks, provides a good grip on soft surfaces. In addition, high number of blocks and rubber to void tread ratio, enables long tread wear life and low rolling resistances during transport operation on hard surfaces. Uniform ground pressure distribution and tread wear are provided by steel belted carcass structure. In addition, steel belts give the most efficient puncture protection."

Looking at my tracks on the dirt, there is way more rubber in contact with the ground now vs the r4s it came with. These radials have a much more square profile. I can't wait to try them out tomorrow skidding some logs!

/ Joined the red club! #50  
Great looking tractor and love the new tires. I have a little 1528 and just love it. A little off topic, but I wonder why the smaller Diesel engines have not gained the popularity here in the US that they have in Europe. My oldest son lives in Italy and drives a little Fiat diesel. It gets great mileage. My other son lives in Ky and has a Ford Transit 15 passenger van converted with handicap lift with a Diesel engine. If my memory is correct he gets around 24mpg on the highway even when fully loaded. His van is the high top version. So I am impressed with his mileage. Your GC diesel sounds like a great vehicle. Just wish they made more smaller diesels for the US market, even with the cost of fuel going up!