rotary cutter
shredder
rough cut mower
pasture mower
field mower
pasture cutter
hay cutter

I am sure there are more.
Don't all of those also apply to my finish mower?
Well.... All except Brush Hog, everybody knows what those are.

/ Bush Hog #12  
No one cares what you call them
I do, and if you ever noticed, I call them what they are, rotary cutters. I have three rotary cutters and I'll throw it out right here, the BEST rotary cutter I've ever owned or used is the Woods 720X Brush Bull that I now own.

SR

/ Bush Hog #13  
I do, and if you ever noticed, I call them what they are, rotary cutters. I have three rotary cutters and I'll throw it out right here, the BEST rotary cutter I've ever owned or used is the Woods 720X Brush Bull that I now own.

SR
I would have thought your sawmill was your favorite "rotary cutter".

/ Bush Hog #14  

What is a Rotary Cutter?​

A Rotary Cutter is a cutting tool for fabrics. It is a sharp blade wheel, in a handle, used to slice through multiple layers of fabric and resembles a pizza cutter. Rotary Cutters also come in a variety of blade sizes, commonly 18mm, 28mm, 45mm and 60mm. The larger the blade size the more layers of fabric or thicker fabric you can cut. The smaller blade size allows more manueverability.

The blade of a Rotary Cutter is secured in a handle for safety. There are a variety of handle styles available, some designed ergonomically for those with physical issues like arthritis.

There is a protection mechanism to prevent the blade from being exposed unintentionally. Safety in using a Rotary Cutter is critical - always close the blade after each use and when not in use.
5608B8A0-F1A8-4959-8DDA-10B09C670170.jpeg

I use mine for Leather