Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #101  

State police were concerned that bones found near the parachute were human remains, possibly of someone who came down with the unopened parachute, but an examination by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner revealed that the remains were moose bones.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #102  
^^^^

I know. It still makes a good story. ;)

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #103  
My private waterfall - only when it rains. The rest of the time it's peregrine falcon nesting territory.
waterfall.jpg
waterfall.jpg

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #104  
Gorgeous photo.

Is that an elk, or a sheep at the top left, or just a weird rock?

All the best,

Peter

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #105  
I play a game - GEO caching. One day I was servicing one of my GEO caching sites and saw a car off in the brush. It was "new" to this area. Went to check it out. Blood smears on the area around the trunk.

Did I open the trunk to check it out. Hell no...... I called the County Sheriff. It was a poached deer in the trunk. Somebody got scared, drove the car off into the brush - ran.

I was later told the car was stolen also.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #106  
A basaltic lava formation overlooking my little lake. "Old Man of the Lake"

IMG_0001.jpeg

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #107  
Larry - really like your waterfall. On special years I will get a waterfall coming off the high ground on the North side of the lake. No where as big or pretty as yours but it's all mine. We have to have gotten a lot of snow and are having an early warm spring.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #108  
Like dmccarty, I wondered. In the early 80's I was driving through Florida and stopped at a fast food place for breakfast. Wandering around to stretch my legs, I crossed the street and walked down an old untraveled dirt road which soon petered out, but not before a disused driveway split off to the right. No house standing any longer. Just the driveway and a single head stone under a live oak tree. A Marine corporal, dead from the black man's war in Vietnam.
His family gone from the old homestead, I wondered, who could remember that poor fellow ?
I made note of his name
On returning to the D.C. area, I went down to the Vietnam War Memorial and found his name etched in the stone.
I'm no-one he knew. But at least there is one person who recognized his life, and his passing.
And I am sorry.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #109  
I used to bike through fort Dix (back when it was called that).
One day biking through I had to stop for tank traffic.
They had one Cement lane through the pines for moving tanks from one side of the base to the other.
First time I had to stop for tanks while bicycling.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #110  
Like dmccarty, I wondered. In the early 80's I was driving through Florida and stopped at a fast food place for breakfast. Wandering around to stretch my legs, I crossed the street and walked down an old untraveled dirt road which soon petered out, but not before a disused driveway split off to the right. No house standing any longer. Just the driveway and a single head stone under a live oak tree. A Marine corporal, dead from the black man's war in Vietnam.
His family gone from the old homestead, I wondered, who could remember that poor fellow ?
I made note of his name
On returning to the D.C. area, I went down to the Vietnam War Memorial and found his name etched in the stone.
I'm no-one he knew. But at least there is one person who recognized his life, and his passing.
And I am sorry.
It wasn't just a "black" man's war. Don't even know why you went there.