Branson Alterative. and I'm I going over Board?

/ Branson Alterative. and I'm I going over Board? #21  
There is so much more I’ve done but you get the point . Once you learn how to use your implements and different gears your tractor becomes a Swiss Army knife of tools .

/ Branson Alterative. and I'm I going over Board? #22  
To answer your question about HST vs. shuttle..... they are both good, both have pros and cons. The HST is parasitic of the HP. Example: 25 hp tractor: HST has 19 pto hp. The shuttle (same tractor / hp): 21 pto hp. Will you notice? Maybe.... depends on what you are doing.

Shuttle is great for doing things at a set speed.... like mowing. Find the right gear / speed and go for it. Loader work... well, after you get used to the shuttle, almost as fast / easy as HST.
BUT---- you are working the clutch every time into the pile, press clutch, switch shuttle, back up, push clutch, move shuttle lever, let out clutch..... rinse and repeat.... many times.
Now with HST---- push forward pedal, load bucket, push reverse pedal, rinse and repeat. Easier--- yes, faster --- a little bit. HST is easier to 'creep' just small amounts.

My SCUT was HST, the CUT is shuttle. To me, my opinion, the shuttle "feels" like it has more power. Granted, I am basing this off the 2 different tractors / sizes that I have had. If they were both the same, I don't know if my preference would change.

Hope this clarifies a little better. Go try out the tractors that you are interested in. Find out which you prefer. See which one "fits" you the best.

/ Branson Alterative. and I'm I going over Board?
To answer your question about HST vs. shuttle..... they are both good, both have pros and cons. The HST is parasitic of the HP. Example: 25 hp tractor: HST has 19 pto hp. The shuttle (same tractor / hp): 21 pto hp. Will you notice? Maybe.... depends on what you are doing.

Shuttle is great for doing things at a set speed.... like mowing. Find the right gear / speed and go for it. Loader work... well, after you get used to the shuttle, almost as fast / easy as HST.
BUT---- you are working the clutch every time into the pile, press clutch, switch shuttle, back up, push clutch, move shuttle lever, let out clutch..... rinse and repeat.... many times.
Now with HST---- push forward pedal, load bucket, push reverse pedal, rinse and repeat. Easier--- yes, faster --- a little bit. HST is easier to 'creep' just small amounts.

My SCUT was HST, the CUT is shuttle. To me, my opinion, the shuttle "feels" like it has more power. Granted, I am basing this off the 2 different tractors / sizes that I have had. If they were both the same, I don't know if my preference would change.

Hope this clarifies a little better. Go try out the tractors that you are interested in. Find out which you prefer. See which one "fits" you the best.
That was very helpful, if I decided to go a SCUT route, do you think it has enough power to handle finish mower even if it's small?

/ Branson Alterative. and I'm I going over Board? #24  
That was very helpful, if I decided to go a SCUT route, do you think it has enough power to handle finish mower even if it's small?
It depends on the tractor. 19 hp would be pushing it, 24 hp probably be just fine.Most SCUT will have a midmount option as well.

/ Branson Alterative. and I'm I going over Board? #25  
I ran a 5' finish mower on my SCUT. A 6' finish on the CUT. If the grass gets too tall or a bit damp, you might have to slow down or raise the height.

Depending on which tractor brand, most of the mid mounts cut really well. They are kinda a pain to mount / dismount, compared to a 3 point mower. The other disadvantage is that they are tractor brand and model specific. A 3 point mower will go on just about any tractor.

/ Branson Alterative. and I'm I going over Board? #26  
I have a Mahindra 1626 shuttle. We just bought 27 acres. Terrain varies. Tractor seems like more than enough. I do a lot of loader work with bucket and grapple at my business and at home. Shuttle doesn't bother me at all. I still prefer it. Tractor before this one was a hydro. Only thing I could imagine wanting the hydro for is finish mowing with a lot of obstacles.

I ran a 5' finish mower on my SCUT. A 6' finish on the CUT. If the grass gets too tall or a bit damp, you might have to slow down or raise the height.

Depending on which tractor brand, most of the mid mounts cut really well. They are kinda a pain to mount / dismount, compared to a 3 point mower. The other disadvantage is that they are tractor brand and model specific. A 3 point mower will go on just about any tractor.
What was hp scut & cut?

/ Branson Alterative. and I'm I going over Board? #28  
If you have lots of open and teeeless land, a finish mower will work well. If you have a lot of trees, save your finish mower $ and use your zero turn.

If you have lots of open and teeeless land, a finish mower will work well. If you have a lot of trees, save your finish mower $ and use your zero turn.
I have about 15 trees. I plan to use the zero turn.(until it dies) just consider finish mower upon death of my zero turn

/ Branson Alterative. and I'm I going over Board? #30  
You stated the GRAPPLE is a main priority if so go with the HST transmission no matter what tractor you choose.