SC2400 help and general questions

/ SC2400 help and general questions #1  

RebelRyan

Tractor
Cub Cadet SC2400
Just bought a couple acres and have a decent amount of landscape work and a long gravel driveway to scoop and maintain as well as a lot of dirt work since a septic system was installed and they did almost no leveling when they back filled. With the recent home purchase funds are a little tight so I'm looking at a used 2010 Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400 with loader and belly mower with 465 hours. Curious what a good price would be as well as more info about what attachments would work with it. I'm looking for a front blade for snow and either a rear blade or box blade to help grade the driveway. Any help would be appreciated as I am new to tractors and attachments so I'm still learning.

/ SC2400 help and general questions #2  
Just bought a couple acres and have a decent amount of landscape work and a long gravel driveway to scoop and maintain as well as a lot of dirt work since a septic system was installed and they did almost no leveling when they back filled. With the recent home purchase funds are a little tight so I'm looking at a used 2010 Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400 with loader and belly mower with 465 hours. Curious what a good price would be as well as more info about what attachments would work with it. I'm looking for a front blade for snow and either a rear blade or box blade to help grade the driveway. Any help would be appreciated as I am new to tractors and attachments so I'm still learning.

All Cub Cadets are now 100% support by Yanmar as Yanmar now acquired 100% of the joint venture.

Your avatar to the left contains no location info, so I can't help you with what Farm store attachments in your area would work.

If the farm stores near you have king kutter boxblades and straight blades, you can browse that selection.

Does the SC2400 come with R4 tires or the turf tires. R4s would be sort of OK in the snow. Turf tires fail without chains.

My Yanmar is a full size CUT in the same diesel HP realm as yours. So, look in my signature below, you will find those attachments helpful.

BTW, box blades are awful for moving snow. LOL And for the rear blade curved forward whilst driving backwards, the snow pushing is very dependable for results.

AND for better help with your SC2400, this is the correct place to ask. :)

Last edited:
   / SC2400 help and general questions #3  
I bought my sc2400 in 2017 with 100 hours on it for $8k. It came with the front end loader, and 6' rear finish mower. I now have over 500 hours on it and have since bought a 4' rear tiller, 6' rear blade, 60" front snow blade (hydraulic), and made a carryall for it. I absolutely love it. Very solid little tractor. I have 7.5 acres and mow about 4. Mine has the ag/bar tires so it does good in the snow with some weight. I started out using the rear blade and pushing snow backwards, or driving forward with the blade angled. It will move a few inches of snow going forward and a lot more going in reverse, but it will kill your neck. Couple years ago I started searching for the front hydraulic controlled snow blade (FB60). I bought a front blade from a guy on here, bought the front hitch from a dealer in WI, and some hydraulic cylinders on ebay and pieced it together. Works amazing. You could use your loader but it's a little cumbersome for moving snow. Quick option is to buy a clamp on plow and mount to your loader. There's a youtube user (Dan Rogers) who has a lot of videos of this. I have an 800' chip seal lane and asphalt drive in front of the house and personally think the front blade is the best solution. I put about 250# of sand bags in my carryall and it has plenty of traction. I can handle 6" snowfalls no problem. I've spent many hours researching attachments and different options. I moved 12ton of gravel around with the front end loader this summer at the end of the drive. Did a fine job. Rear box scrapper would probably be better though. There are a lot of great resources and info on here. Let me know if you have any questions or would like any pictures. As for price, I'd say $8k or less today would still be a good price. The Yanmar engines are solid and as the other user said, pretty much all of the parts on the tractor can be found online. Where are you located?

/ SC2400 help and general questions #4  
   / SC2400 help and general questions #5  
Hi neighbor! I was curious where RebelRyan was as it's not stated in his profile.