This is tragic

/ This is tragic #11  
The owner probably retired or died, she was at the right age to do either. It's surprising that nobody bought it and kept it going the place had been in business for over fifty years. :cry:
I was at one time working and invested in hospitality business. According to experts at the time,if an established restaurant moves accross street and down the block,it rewuire's more than 3 years to regain customers. Heavy advertising supposedly could only cut 1 year off. I don't do hands on any more but I've not heard of businesses selling client lists for near as much as was once common. One exception is pharmacies who pay handsomly for those lists. When I retired,the only way i could get reward for intangiables was become a silent pardner. Anyone here bought or sold a client list in recent years?

/ This is tragic #12  
I was at one time working and invested in hospitality business. According to experts at the time,if an established restaurant moves accross street and down the block,it rewuire's more than 3 years to regain customers. Heavy advertising supposedly could only cut 1 year off. I don't do hands on any more but I've not heard of businesses selling client lists for near as much as was once common. One exception is pharmacies who pay handsomly for those lists. When I retired,the only way i could get reward for intangiables was become a silent pardner. Anyone here bought or sold a client list in recent years?
Well, when one retires, sells the business . . . most require a non-compete clause that may have something to say about it.

/ This is tragic #13  
Well, when one retires, sells the business . . . most require a non-compete clause that may have something to say about it.
Good point,I believe you are right. During the same period when it was common having to buy client list,contractul non-compete was unheard of. The one that has always stuck out in my mind was a gas station (filling station in those days;)) operator. It was on the cusp of self service and he would buy a flondering station and really ramp up services and extend hours. Someone was at the driver's window before wheels stoped rolling when a car pilled in. WS wipped,tire pressures and hood checked whether they bought $2 worth or filled up. What they were really doing was looking for something to sell customer,worn fan belt,leaking coolant,worn tires,leaky exhust,wiper blades,air filter,wash and wax,missing hub cap or you name it. People appreciated being told and not only bought but reccomended friends. To show max profit on the books,he pulled little out as his salary but took every legal deduction for personal expenses like travel,meals and such. All this in preparation to sell the profitable business. Subsiquent owner never put the effort in and lost customers to the station opened by guy who sold them thier place.

/ This is tragic #16  
I feel your pain.

Similar happened here. Love and War used to have all you can eat Beef ribs on Sundays. Went months ago to get my fix and they said they no longer serve them :(.

You'd think North Texas would have a million places to get good beef ribs, well, I haven't found them. Pork ribs however are available everywhere, I just don't care for pork ribs.

Have tried cooking our own Beef ribs a few times, just don't have them figured out. Brisket, we do pretty good with.

/ This is tragic #17  
There a lots of recipes on the internet; what I noticed is that they have to be cooked low and slow, much like a brisket.

/ This is tragic
I feel your pain.

Similar happened here. Love and War used to have all you can eat Beef ribs on Sundays. Went months ago to get my fix and they said they no longer serve them :(.

You'd think North Texas would have a million places to get good beef ribs, well, I haven't found them. Pork ribs however are available everywhere, I just don't care for pork ribs.

Have tried cooking our own Beef ribs a few times, just don't have them figured out. Brisket, we do pretty good with.
Yes, I've cooked both beef and pork ribs in a nod to healthier earing (no smoke) and saving a buck. I have an order in now for Mrs. Stuck to bring home ribs in which ever variety and state of preparedness she can find at the grocery store.

Last edited:
   / This is tragic #19  
So many business and American owned companies are closing.
Sorry to hear one of your favorite spot has been closed.

/ This is tragic #20  
So many business and American owned companies are closing.
Sorry to hear one of your favorite spot has been closed.
Such a shame but demand drives supply. Majority of people want to woop,holler and consume alcohol when going out to eat. I've consumed enough to float a battleship but I want low key normal volume conversation while eating. Resturants are on every corner around here but all Furr's and Luby's cafeterias have closed. IMO they by far offered the best value,most healthy and family friendly place to eat. Of all places,you would expect to find an abundance of steak places in Texas but most of those have closed or converted to sports bars. At one time Youngblood's,a statewide chain of chicken resturants offered lienen tableclothes and napkins with the finest tasting chicken equeal to mom's and by my wife's own admission,her own fried chicken. I could go on but it just upset's me.
I'd like to reccommend a place for the best chicken fried steak in Texas. Mary's cafe in Strawn Tx. In the middle of cactus and Mesquite cattle country but easy access and short scenic drive off IH-20 at exit 361.