Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #81  
I will sell them parts, and have sold them parts. Have even helped them fix problems that have arose. I just have a real hard time doing work on it in my shop if they knowingly come in to get an estimate and went and bought from another dealer. If they are going to drive to only buy on price, they can drive to get it fixed. I've had customers tell me they bought a tractor used and want me to work on it. I run the serial number and find out they are the buying person and they Lie to me to get me to work on it. I have a fine line when it comes to that and I do pick and choose. I'm not going to clear my schedule for something like that. My shop is for my loyal customers. My parts are for sale to anyone. This is and will become normal for more dealers to come. You have the car sales mentality dealer and you will have dealers that are and will change to a professional approach. I've talked to several at dealer meetings.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #82  
Well, I guess I don't belong on this site. Just thought I would chime in on The Branson Tractor line. You guys can go ahead and drag me thru the dirt and I will just spam it out. Good luck and work safe. Pick it all apart.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #83  
I will sell them parts, and have sold them parts. Have even helped them fix problems that have arose. I just have a real hard time doing work on it in my shop if they knowingly come in to get an estimate and went and bought from another dealer. If they are going to drive to only buy on price, they can drive to get it fixed. I've had customers tell me they bought a tractor used and want me to work on it. I run the serial number and find out they are the buying person and they Lie to me to get me to work on it. I have a fine line when it comes to that and I do pick and choose. I'm not going to clear my schedule for something like that. My shop is for my loyal customers. My parts are for sale to anyone. This is and will become normal for more dealers to come. You have the car sales mentality dealer and you will have dealers that are and will change to a professional approach. I've talked to several at dealer meetings.
WOW..:rolleyes: Don't blame members here you exposed your OWN true business/service/parts model on this site for all to see.As you stated in post #76 you don't give out any participation trophies, you win the gold star:D

Last edited:
   / Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #84  
We need bookmark and remember this thread when future discussions come up about dealers not supporting or servicing machines they didn't sell. This guy just made the case for not shopping the dealer over the brand.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #85  
Back to Bad Boy Bransons....I stopped by the large Branson dealer east of Dallas midday today...oddly, they were closed...but I happened to notice they are also a Bad Boy mower dealer (I have no interest in mowers). I wonder if they would sell both lines?

It seems not me the best thing for Branson and Bad Boy is to work out service through the network. I don't understand that short sighted attitude of some dealers. Manufacturers need to step up and pay for warranty costs, but dealers need to honor warranties regardless of where it was sold....I live 2-3 hours from my property. If I buy from my local dealer and then move out to my property I don't get service because I bought somewhere else? I'd want to be the dealer that was known for fixing it all...that tends to build loyalty beyond your installed base.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #86  
Some interesting replies and comments here.
It does seem that the most decidedly negative responses are from JD owners. 🤣
Who has been selling rebadged tractors for decades! AND so does Kubota.

SR

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #87  
Well, I guess I don't belong on this site. Just thought I would chime in on The Branson Tractor line. You guys can go ahead and drag me thru the dirt and I will just spam it out. Good luck and work safe. Pick it all apart.
I'm afraid you are correct. You gotta have very thick skin here.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #88  
Everyone belongs here you included.Its called the spirt of discussion don't let your little feelers get hurt. (y)

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #89  
It's all good Budds. Many dealers do this but aren't honest about it. They just keep putting the tractor purchased elsewhere work behind the purchased here work. Next thing ya know the tractors been there for months without even being looked at.... Kudos for being up front about it and I can understand why you do this.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #90  
No sugar coating here. It's cut and dry. Sorry if what I've said has offended you or other people posting on the site. I take care of people that buy from me. That is what is really reflected in the post. I can't make everyone happy and someone will always put a spin on what I say. You should sit at my desk. This is real life reflection from a dealers perspective. I'm not a politician and do not give participation trophies.
Budds,
I'm new here and a new tractor owner so no bias. I'm curious, what's the warranty process like on your end when dealing with the manufacturer? I know what it's like in the RV world (miserable, slow, intentionally misleading). Maybe your perspective in that would shed some light on how we approach dealers.