My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,811  

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,812  
I just watched this video on his TY channel. David also dropped a video prior to this one. They have alot on their plate right now, but are managing it well !

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,813  
Thanks airbiscuit for the videos. Jon

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,814  
Yes, they been a little too busy to build.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,815  
Thanks Airbiscuit. I should have dropped a link here. The last few weeks have been absolute madness. Moving on weekends and working long hours during the week. Heavy project load at my day job will continue for the rest of the year. We. Are trying to get ourselves back in the proper mindset to work on the house this weekend. We basically lost a month of work plus any momentum we had We want to make our efforts count when we get back up there.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,816  
I had to add a switched receptacle off a 20A circuit yesterday to power some new workshop lights, and was really cussing the 12GA wire in each of the three boxes I worked in (old take off receptacle box, new switch box, and new receptacle box). Reminded me of this thread and how we were debating this a while back. There is a definite little penalty with 12GA in tight boxes and it became noticeable when working with so many boxes.

Side note/question is what rating you use for switches and receptacles. Contrary to intuition, 15 amp switches and receptacles are permitted on 20A circuits as long as there is more than a single receptacle. If a single you must have a 20A rating and the special 20A plug shape (since it's dedicated) but for multiples they can be 15A. Typical 15A receptacles are rated for 20A pass through. Be curious to know what other folks do when they run 12GA 20A circuits all over their house.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,817  
I had to add a switched receptacle off a 20A circuit yesterday to power some new workshop lights, and was really cussing the 12GA wire in each of the three boxes I worked in (old take off receptacle box, new switch box, and new receptacle box). Reminded me of this thread and how we were debating this a while back. There is a definite little penalty with 12GA in tight boxes and it became noticeable when working with so many boxes.

Side note/question is what rating you use for switches and receptacles. Contrary to intuition, 15 amp switches and receptacles are permitted on 20A circuits as long as there is more than a single receptacle. If a single you must have a 20A rating and the special 20A plug shape (since it's dedicated) but for multiples they can be 15A. Typical 15A receptacles are rated for 20A pass through. Be curious to know what other folks do when they run 12GA 20A circuits all over their house.
+1 to all that.

#2,818  
What would be the benefit of using a 15 amp recepticle?

#2,819  
Eager to get back on the build today. We hiked the RipRap trail in Skyline drive yesterday, for Thanksgiving. I was worried that I wasn’t going to be able to move around today, but I feel pretty good.