My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,801  
I hate moving. We moved two car loads of small things friday night. Sat morning we loaded her jeep up and dropped a load off at the house before picking up the U-haul.
We loaded almost everything on the first and second floor into the truck and drove it over here.
Getting things inside was a challenge. There is a split foyer. Half a flight of stairs up and half down to a basement with garage.
When we got back here with the truck, there were some packages waiting on us. One of them Was the T-Mobile 5G box. i set that in the corner till we finished getting everything unloaded. I picked up some dinner and a few things from the grocery store.
—segway—
Today is the first day of muzzle loader season I cant remember the lat time I wasn’t in the woods. At the bottom of our driveway , across the road, as I left to get food, in the field, was a stud buck. I sat there and watched him for several minutes. I cant hunt here but damn. What a beast. —
Finally this evening, I got to check out the T-Mobile device.
For the last few days, when I have been here and in town, I have run speed tests. Usually I am 3-4 Mbps. This is from my phone and often with full strong signal reading.
I plugged it in and after boot-up it showed 2 of 5 bars. I loaded the app and it told me I had a poor signal and should move it. I moved it and that made no difference.
I connected to it with my phone and ran a speed test. 9.5 megs. I was very pleased. They had promised 40+. But I didn’t believe that it was true. I checked the signal strength listed on the App. -85 db signal strength. Vastly superior to what we came from. At the rental we just left. There were days when the signal was so bad that I had to just Drive in. Many days I was connected and speed was less that 1 Mbps.I checked the strength of the 5G signal. The were all listed a “-“. Meaning no signal. So no 5G but the LTE was 3 times as fast as my phone.
I got Jefanna’s phone and started to set it up for Wifi. I did a speed test before and after. Before, 3Mbps. After 83 Mbps. What just happened? I did a speed test with mine. 63 Mbps. I checked signal strength again and it was showing connection to 5G. I did several others over the next hour that ranged from 70-mid 80’s. I just did one at 7 am on a Sunday morning. I think it is safe to say that I was wrong and their claims of faster internet are not bogus. I will keep folks posted on the usefulness of this internet option. I plan to load some Security cameras that connect to the cloud. Well my coffee is almost gone. Time to get in the truck and go get the stuff from the basement.
IMG_5610.png

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,802  
Fast.com has a reputation of unreliable in doing general speed tests. It's a tool put out by Netflix that is geared towards video streaming. I suggest using something different. Some other options are: speedof.me, speedtest.net

That said, a speed of 80-120 Mb/s on decent LTE cellular connection isn't too odd with a decent LTE modem. Remember, good LTE modems often have 2 or 4 radios in them which can aggregate the throughput. Premium cell phones do too, but more 'base' models often just have a single radio.

Rob

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,803  
Make a drawing of your electrical wiring, even if it’s just a sketch on top of the floor plan, showing box locations and wires between them.
Labels inside the box is good also.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,804  
Also take pictures of all the walls after the plumbing, electrical and mechanical stuff is installed but before insulation and drywall. You’ll be glad you did if something gets covered up that wasn’t supposed to.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,805  
If there is no water pressure gauge easily visible in the house, do this:
P2080001.JPG

I added a tee and a short hose to the shutoff valve.

#2,806  
I put ip a video Sunday but editing is over 2 weeks behind, so it is just talking about the fact that we hVe to move.
I got the Ventrac back today. Had the hydraulic cylinder and two bushings replaced. Also had the guide wheels put on the tuff cut. And had the hydraulic fluid changed in the process. I shouldn’t go to the power equipment store unsupervised. I ended up buying a blower implement. Gonna wage war on the leaves in the orchard this year.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,807  
The beast is back. That’s an awesome mower. Hope the move went well, stressful time for sure.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,808  
Are leaves bad in an orchard? I always thought that they where natural mulch and helped keep moisture in the ground, along with adding natural nutrients as they break down.

#2,809  
Are leaves bad in an orchard? I always thought that they where natural mulch and helped keep moisture in the ground, along with adding natural nutrients as they break down.

The orchard borders the forest. Some years we get a tremendous amount of oak leaves in there. We also get leaves on our driveway. Some will get cut. Some blown.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,810