My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,831  
I don't know that it's wrong, but the way it was explained to me many years ago is that it comes down to the plug shape and what it allows to get plugged in to the outlet (internally 15A and 20A are both rated for 20A based on UL requirements, so it's not a safety issue).
Yeah, as others have said you can use multiple 20A or 15A outlets on a 20A circuit. There just isn't much reason for it as something with an actual 20A plug on it is a very rare bird and nothing you will find in 99.99% of households.

But you are correct if it is just one outlet - then the outlet must be 20A if it is on a 20A circuit.

And of course the point about whatever the local inspector requires is where the buck stops, so to speak, so ask them. I know the state of MN has a really nice guide for homeowners looking to do their own electric work. You might see if VA or your local county has something similar. Here is the MN one, which might be of some help to you as a nice abbreviated summary of key rules, though your local code obviously is what matters:

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,833  
Hah. Thanks Buckeye. I was just coming to drop a link.
I’m sure everyone wonders why we keep switching from job to job. With the new rental, our timeline has shifted. Not sure how far we will get but we are focused on siding right now.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,834  
In watching the latest video, I'm wondering why you start with panels in the middle of the wall rather than one end or another? I'm sure there is logic, but it adds more variables and numbers and geometry to keep track of in your head which makes it easier to make mistakes.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,835  
By starting in the middle i can center a batten and work toward the ends (sides). This was sometime we didn’t do on our first window. I am hoping it doesnt come back to haunt me.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,836  
So...did you layout your window placement so the battens are somewhat centered on each window ? Meaning that there will be no odd looking spacing of the battens between the windows ? Hope you get some nice weather to where you can get at least one coat of paint on the siding !

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,837  
I just skimmed through the video and it has me intrigued to see how the siding turns out. I'm at a total loss as to what you are doing, and why you are cutting up big sheets into those complex little pieces. I could turn up the volume and see if you explain why you are doing it that way, but I think it will be more fun to just wait and see what happens in a future video.

For me, when I do board and baton siding, I buy the 12 inch wide and 12 foot long Hardie and install them one at a time, starting in the center of the wall, or peak of the gable. I decide if I want the baton to be centered on the all, or if I want the board centered based on how it will end on the corner of the wall. I also put caulking behind the Hardie where it comes up to a window or door, or any type of opening or break in the wall. Caulking is cheap and you can never have too much wind and water proofing!!!

For those inside corners that always seem to remain when cutting, I use a pair of wire cutters. They also work great for rounding out the edge of the Hardie when going around a pipe, or wire.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,838  
I can see switching gears now that you have more time.
Why the solid piece between the door and top window, when the pieces to the left and right will have a z channel between the lower and upper pieces. Looks like you will make a break in the z channel above the door.
How you going to batten below the window edge with the indent below?
IMG_2676.JPG

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,839  
Not sure if he is using 8' or 10' high hardie panels ? If it is 8' then there should be Z channel between the door and window i would think ?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,840  
The offset is the top of the bottom piece where the z channel will go.