What to do with a $1.45 gift card?

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card?
Pay it Forward, send it next year to the IRS and pay the difference.
No, I learned my lesson, never f**K with the IRS. You will wind up with a bill for penalty and interest and a ?% surcharge for paying with a credit card, spending 40 hours on the phone trying to straighten it out plus $25 in postage for forms and statements and loss of sleep for 3 years of them threatening to take your home and bank deposits.

Don't ask me how I know.

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #12  
I have several cards in my wallet with only a couple of buck on them. None of the places I go will take them unless they will cover the entire bill. It's not that they can't, every place out there can do this. It is simply thay they don't want to be bothered. But the real problem is the companies that are sending out gift cards for money that they owe me, as far as I'm concerned this should be against the law, they are really just hoping that you don't use it so they can keep the money when the card expires.

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #13  
I hate gift cards. They’re the biggest voluntarily scam ever invented.

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #15  
Do you ever go to a Target store? You can enter as many cards as you like at their self checkout. Buy something for $10, run the gift card through for $1.45, and it will show you that you still owe $8.55. Then run your credit or debit card through and pay the $8.55. I think you can do that at Walmart as well.
Yes, you can. I have "gotten rid of" several gift cards that way.

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #16  
you can do multiple forms of payment on Amazon as well. Just use $1.45 off that card then the rest on the "normal" card you use.

Also re slowing down the line at Walmart.... no one will even notice. Especially at self checkout.

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #19  
I'd spend money on a stamp and envelope and send the gift card back with a note...
I'd send it back to ATT with a note telling them where to place it.

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #20  
I'd use it to buy a Snickers bar and call it a day.