What to do with a $1.45 gift card?

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
After screwing me for years I got rid of AT&T and got a different phone provider. Just to put the screws to me the last time, they sent me a gift card for $1.45 for my final settlement instead of a check which I could have deposited in the bank.

It isn't the money, it's the idea of the thing. I can't find anything to do with it. Everywhere I go they have a minimum of $5 or $10 on using a credit card. I thought I would be smart and went and to go pump $1.45 of gas but they fixed it where a gas station can't take it.

Anyone know a charity I can send $1.45 to?

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #2  
Next time you buy something for more than the minimum just use that card and pay the difference.

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #4  
Weird...home depot does. Ive used gift cards there and paid difference with other credit card

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #5  
Do you ever go to a Target store? You can enter as many cards as you like at their self checkout. Buy something for $10, run the gift card through for $1.45, and it will show you that you still owe $8.55. Then run your credit or debit card through and pay the $8.55. I think you can do that at Walmart as well.

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #6  
Weird...home depot does. Ive used gift cards there and paid difference with other credit card

Agreed. I’ve used gift cards plus my credit card at many stores. Target is one as well as restaurants.

MoKelly

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card? #7  
Cabelas also... how else are you going to finish off a gift card and still complete your order? A few years ago Progressive issued me a one cent refund check. I saw that and thought "They've got to be kidding me." I tossed it into my change jar and deposited it the next time that I rolled quarters.

/ What to do with a $1.45 gift card?
Do you ever go to a Target store? You can enter as many cards as you like at their self checkout. Buy something for $10, run the gift card through for $1.45, and it will show you that you still owe $8.55. Then run your credit or debit card through and pay the $8.55. I think you can do that at Walmart as well.
I've never been to a Target and I would not ever do anything to slow down the line at Walmart with a dozen frantic Walmart shoppers behind me. I think I will try Home Depot self checkout.