Snow B2782B NOISE

/ B2782B NOISE #1  

NEPA guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
B2650 FEL, BH, Snowblower/plow, forks
Bought the B3350 and the B2782B for the upcoming season. I had one friend who owns 3 tractors take a look at the blower and he said it doesn't sound right, maybe the chain was too tight.

I checked the gear box and lubed everything I could. I'm new to tractors and not very experienced when it comes to mechanics. I haven't taken it apart and rebuilt it yet.

I've done as much searching as I could without truly finding out what is and isn't normal. I've sent an email to the manufacturer to get their answer, if they decide to respond.

What gets me is that I had this loud sound stop momentarily and the chain was flowing smoothly, then it went back to the screeching sound you hear in the video.

I am waiting to hear back from the dealer but it will take another week or two before I get a visit from his mechanic.

I hope to find a person with a a working B2782B that can upload a video documenting the sound, or any other advice someone is willing to impart.

Please visit this link to a youtube page I just created for the sole purpose of sharing this issue.

Thank you

https://youtu.be/7-dCmiC_u_0

/ B2782B NOISE #2  
If the noise went away momentarily and it came back, that tells me there is something binding. Is it under warranty?

/ B2782B NOISE #3  
Something is rubbing or binding. If you can't track down the source of the noise yourself, don't run it until you are able to get a qualified diagnosis.

/ B2782B NOISE
If the noise went away momentarily and it came back, that tells me there is something binding. Is it under warranty?

Yes it is under warranty, waiting on the dealer but he's notorious for keeping people waiting for extended periods of time.

/ B2782B NOISE #5  
Yes it is under warranty, waiting on the dealer but he's notorious for keeping people waiting for extended periods of time.

That's unfortunate. I hope it doesn't snow before he decides to repair it!

/ B2782B NOISE #6  
I am on my second B2782B front mount blower. The 1st was replaced by the dealer for a failure (unrelated to noise). The 2 blowers made the exact same racket that can be heard in your video that originated in the chain reduction drive. The 2 different techs that heard mine both said they all made that noise but do get a little quieter with age. I tried loosening the chain tension and it made no difference so I reset it to the deflection stated in the manual. The chain requires lube every 4 hrs usage. Do I find the noise acceptable? Not really, but acquiring a 3rd unit that makes the same noise won't please me either. I put 60-70hours on mine last winter with no problem other than having to turn the volume up on the tunes to overcome the chain racket.

If your dealer come up with a way to quiet it down, please pass along.

Last edited:
   / B2782B NOISE
Thank you for your reply.

That's insane. Do you think the benefits outweigh using a snowblower over the plow? From what I was told the advantage was purely in throwing the snow far enough so you wouldn't have to deal with it later. Does it clean the road up better? I've used a hand pushed snowblower before but it doesn't work well when the snow gets wet either. Clogs it up. So I got the snowplow as an alternative to snow blowing, especially if it ices up too much.

/ B2782B NOISE #8  
Thank you for your reply.

That's insane. Do you think the benefits outweigh using a snowblower over the plow? From what I was told the advantage was purely in throwing the snow far enough so you wouldn't have to deal with it later. Does it clean the road up better? I've used a hand pushed snowblower before but it doesn't work well when the snow gets wet either. Clogs it up. So I got the snowplow as an alternative to snow blowing, especially if it ices up too much.

The snow blower itself does an excellent job of moving snow and does a better job than a blade..(I have a blade on my RTV900). A blade requires that you have a place to put the snow pile as it piles up, a blower distributes it over a greater area thus avoiding piles and allows you to direct the snow away from building, vehicles etc. I have 16 estate lot driveways signed up for this winter (so far) and the front blower on the 2650HSDC with a box blade at the back to pull snow away from garage doors etc works well. The RTV with blade does a good job on the longer laneways but still require a pass with the blower to prevent snow bank build up along the sides. Last year was a moderate snowfall season but the previous one had 157inch accumulation.....8-12 feet is typical. This blower handles Wet snow well. The chain noise does decrease somewhat when the blower is under load throwing snow.

/ B2782B NOISE
The snow blower itself does an excellent job of moving snow and does a better job than a blade..(I have a blade on my RTV900). A blade requires that you have a place to put the snow pile as it piles up, a blower distributes it over a greater area thus avoiding piles and allows you to direct the snow away from building, vehicles etc. I have 16 estate lot driveways signed up for this winter (so far) and the front blower on the 2650HSDC with a box blade at the back to pull snow away from garage doors etc works well. The RTV with blade does a good job on the longer laneways but still require a pass with the blower to prevent snow bank build up along the sides. Last year was a moderate snowfall season but the previous one had 157inch accumulation.....8-12 feet is typical. This blower handles Wet snow well. The chain noise does decrease somewhat when the blower is under load throwing snow.

I see. My driveway is 3/10th's of a mile long, wooded area, with an incline and paved. I just moved here few months ago and and I heard last winter was rough. One guy I spoke with had a hard time because he had no place to put the snow. I didn't want that to happen to me, or deal with using the loader for hours on end. I thought making this purchase would be a long term investment not only for snow removal but for working the land. It looks like I have a lot of reading to do and techniques to master.

One last question, and of course I will have to try it out myself to see what works best. I have the BH77 backhoe and the guy I know who owns several tractors said to leave it on while plowing/blowing. It will give me better stability. The guy who delivered the tractor said I won't need it to make it up and down the incline. I have the mid tires, and obviously don't want to slip or slide off the side of the road. (some part are treacherous and would destroy the tractor if I were to go off the edge) Also, I was afraid chains might tear up the pavement. What would be the recommended setup?

I know I'm going off topic here, but would appreciate if you or someone could chime in. Thanks again for your valuable input!

/ B2782B NOISE #10  
2 of the lanes I keep clear are about the length of yours when combined. If I were you I'd hang a box blade off the back for pulling snow away from garage doors etc and head out and have some fun. Plenty of traction and you won't need chains. I have R4 tires but the turfs work well and provide better lateral traction so less slippage sideways. Remember the portion of the road you are travelling on has already been cleared by your snowblower.