Zetor 5211 some questions

/ Zetor 5211 some questions #1  

EliteC

Tractor
Zetor 5211
I recently inherited a Zetor 5211 tractor. There's no manuals and there doesn't seem to be much online about it. I'd consider myself handy enough at doing repairs so don't fancy a trip to the garage just yet.

But I do have a few qs and any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Foot brake: the foot brake doesn't work. It seems quite lose so I think it's the line that's broken. The hand brake work perfectly. Any idea how I can investigate or where I could get a photo or sketch of the line from the brake pedal. The brake cylinder is working fine.

2. The lifts at the back go all the way up with the lever but them drop a bit if you don't keep your hand on the lever. I think the issue may be a loose lever but would appreciate any suggestions.

3. Again with the back lifts, when lifting silage bales it tends to stop lifting after the 2nd bale and it seems to struggle. It used to work fine so I think it's a leak somewhere in the hydraulic line. Any thoughts on it?

4. (last one I promise) I want to get a front loader put on. Ideally second hand. Any suggestions for a brand?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I hope this is the place to ask!

/ Zetor 5211 some questions #2  
the brake and clutch master cyl reservoir is under the hood so may want to chk the levels first, the brake master cylinder is behind the removable panel below the steering wheel, the brake rods to the brake master cyl are adjustable.

the oil for the 3p lift, transmission and diff are all shared, chk the level under the center pan @ floor board behind the shifter, u will need a large flathead to remove the dip stick,

here is link to find the parts and service manuals, u will need each one.

i don't use a loader so no help there.

/ Zetor 5211 some questions
Thanks for this!

Oil seems to be all good for the 3p lift, so must be some other problem with it!

Didn't get to check the breaks yet, will have a look tomorrow and see.

Need to sort wiring too, most of the dashboard lights don't work and the right indicator seems to be wired to the light rather than the indicator light!

Can't seem to get the rear work light to work either. The button for it on the dash seems stuck.

Thanks for the manual! I feel so stupid as I've been googling it for ages and I think I came across that but disregarded it because it looked old! But it's very useful.

/ Zetor 5211 some questions #4  
below the diff at bottom there is about a 10" plate that can be removed for access to the hyd screen
and magnet, chk that first, carefull with silicone if gasket tears.

these tractors love being worked hard, so it may clear up if been sitting a while.

/ Zetor 5211 some questions #5  
oh, the wiring can bring frustration, i pulled all new wiring through mine that i needed right away.

when i first got it, it was in rough shape.

Attachments

• 20181025_111006.jpg
    20181025_111006.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 432
Bit of an update, got the wiring sorted. Needed new light sockets in a few places but otherwise was straight forward.

Om the 3p lift, it can lift normal implements no problem, including a large drum mower, but it labours when trying to lift a bale of silage, you can hear the engine struggling and it has to be revved up to get it off the ground. After a few mins it won't lift it at all and it needs to be left for a few hours. Not sure what the issue is here, plenty of hydraulic oil in it. The lifting limit is 1700kgs and the bales weigh in at 850kgs.

Further update, checked the hydraulic filter/screen. All OK. No dirt or blockage or damage found. Operating as normal. I'm thinking there may be a leak or seal gone somewhere further down the line

/ Zetor 5211 some questions #8  
chk/replace your hyd filter under the starter, have u gotten the manuals yet ?
there's a section for hyd circuit diagnostics, would be a good ideal to replace all filters
on the tractor.

/ Zetor 5211 some questions #10  
Ridgeway Enterprises is expensive. Look at "ATP Motor". Ordering parts from Czech republic is easy, much cheaper, even with transportation and customs. Usually takes 10 to 14 days.
The parts in the picture were US dollar 340, and delivery costs with customs and brokerage about 400 dollar US. total 740 US dollar.
ZetorParts.jpg